Official "Changes To Seasoncards" Thread

RACHACE said:
cleavers said:
RACHACE said:
No not as a shock tbh but it still angers me.

I have made my decision and it will be to renew my ST gold and do the 3 cup schemes. Home games will now be my main focus and I will try to get tickets for the away games I want to attend.

I could if I want join in with it all, but my opinion is that within 3 seasons the majority of away games will go to ballot so it is pointless.

They have hidden the extra cost of your ST with a glossy platinum name and most are buying into it.
I agree totally, its "clever" marketing to extract extra money, with menaces (ie worrying those with lower points they won't get tickets, and twisting some with middle points that they will jump over many) when in the grand scheme, ticket revenue from seaso... err membership, pales into insignificance compared to finishing 3rd.

I just don't know the thinking behind it is tbh, the extra revenue gained is hardly gonna make an impact regarding the FFPR which some have used as some kind of arguement.

Someone somewhere is gonna make a mint out of this scheme, then that someone will leave his/her post and a new geezer will come in and scrap these initiatives and make their own up, in order to make a mint.

Anyone with a brain can see from last season that demand for tickets for the majority of games was hardly at breaking point. I imagine that most will save alot of their money for the CL home games which won't be cheap, doubt there will be many £15 offers like there was in the Europa League.

That in itself will make more league away game tickets available.

I am gonna stick, fuk platinum I am a gold man all the way
So you have said a dozen times

I'm sure many Superbia types go home and away

But presumably others have loaned/ sold/ shared/ given to the OSC branch whatever their ticket in order to max out the points without having to go quite so often.... ?

I don't like the idea of points for money anymore than anyone here but I keep thinking even with the extra £50 my £495 in the south stand is a real bargain. Things go up we have to accept that - in the Metro today it was reported that Liverpool's lowest season would be £725. No extra loyalty points there!

Yes the two (or three) tier system stinks but lets rejoice in the fact we can still get a season under £500, most Championship clubs are now over that.

Why do some think they are the only ones who can spot what's happened and think everyone else is a deluded moron?! Everyone knows they are rising the price of a standard season ticket and dressing it up as a "Platinum Membership".

I actually think it is a good idea and makes sound commercial sense. As I posted earlier, Inflation is a 4.5% and VAT has risen from 17.5% to 20%. So a rise in the standard (Platinum) ticket going up by 10% is actually only about 5% in real terms.

A 5% rise to see our best team for 40 years play in the Champions League and compete for major trophies is actually really fucking good value so I wish people would stop moaning!

I think the trick people have missed is that they are not recognising we are actually offering a ticket that in real terms is cheaper than last year! The "Gold membership" is roughly the price as the standard ticket last year, taking in to account the rises I spoke about above, that is actually a 5% discount on last year! OK, you lose the loyalty point benefits, but that is your choice!!

For those with under 6500 points, you've got 2 choices, pay 5% more for the same ticket you had last year, or pay 5% less for a ticket where you get half the loyalty points for attending away and cup games! No one is forcing you in to either choice!

They are not running a fucking charity, yes the 5% rise isn't ideal, but it's fucking good value when you compare it to the rest of the "Big 6" as some people are now calling it!

Shaelumstash said:
Why do some think they are the only ones who can spot what's happened and think everyone else is a deluded moron?! Everyone knows they are rising the price of a standard season ticket and dressing it up as a "Platinum Membership".

I actually think it is a good idea and makes sound commercial sense. As I posted earlier, Inflation is a 4.5% and VAT has risen from 17.5% to 20%. So a rise in the standard (Platinum) ticket going up by 10% is actually only about 5% in real terms.

A 5% rise to see our best team for 40 years play in the Champions League and compete for major trophies is actually really fucking good value so I wish people would stop moaning!

I think the trick people have missed is that they are not recognising we are actually offering a ticket that in real terms is cheaper than last year! The "Gold membership" is roughly the price as the standard ticket last year, taking in to account the rises I spoke about above, that is actually a 5% discount on last year! OK, you lose the loyalty point benefits, but that is your choice!!

For those with under 6500 points, you've got 2 choices, pay 5% more for the same ticket you had last year, or pay 5% less for a ticket where you get half the loyalty points for attending away and cup games! No one is forcing you in to either choice!

They are not running a fucking charity, yes the 5% rise isn't ideal, but it's fucking good value when you compare it to the rest of the "Big 6" as some people are now calling it!

this!

those who want to play ball get the loyalty points reward, those who don't get last year's system.

perfect for everybody.

Shaelumstash said:

Platinum is same as last year , Gold loses points.

South stand for kids has gone up from £140 to £205, after being £95 the last season.

116% rise in 2 seasons for Children if they don't want to lose points.

It has gone up 20% for adults in SS Lower too.

The South Stand has been hit worse than the rest.

Football clubs maybe not charities, but they are not businesses, as a business operates to make money, and 99% of clubs have packed in or been wound if they were real businesses.

Corky said:
Shaelumstash said:

South stand for kids has gone up from £140 to £205, after being £95 the last season.

Football clubs maybe not charities, but they are not businesses, as a business operates to make money, and 99% of clubs have packed in or been wound if they were real businesses.

nope, gold is the same level of points for league games as last year, Platinum's doubles.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Corky said:
Shaelumstash said:

nope, gold is the same level of points for league games as last year, Platinum's doubles.

Gold loses half your maximum. Last year normal was maximum for everybody.

How could anyone fall for this?

Corky said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Corky said:

Gold loses half your maximum. Last year normal was maximum for everybody.

How could anyone fall for this?

gold is last season, they've made ADDITIONS for this season, it's more, whether you like it or not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.