Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

alera said:
Inter could not afford his wages OR the fee. They have already said they are out of the running and cant afford him.

Rags have offered to make him their highest paid player on £130k a week but only seems to be the same sort of money he is on at Barca when you consider tax. I just hope he is sensible given his age and takes what we are offering. With him, tevez, barry and a couple of other quality additions on baord plus no distraction of europa 2 bob cup next season we would have a good chance of making top 4 anyway. He already has a champions league medal at the end of the day what difference does one season make to him ?

At the enbd of th day if he just wants to play for a massive club with a chance of winning the champions league again next season he would just stay at Barca. Money and a final big contract must be what he wants or he wouldnt be leaving them !

They could afford the fee if Zlatan was sold. Also, Zlatan is the highest paid player in the world so perhaps they could.

antlondonITK said:
before I get banned can I just say it has been fun while it lasted everyone.
i enjoyed meeting GStar even if he did have a small package!
if you ever want to speak to me you can PM me on mancityfans.net - Ant London

bluemoon sucks dick by the way! i'd rather shave my gooch hair than come on here again

MANCITYFANS.NET FOREVER!!!!!!!!!

BYE BYE LOSER, SHUT THE DOOR BEHIND YOU KID.

AND DONT FOGET YOUR HOMEWORK IN THE MORNING. PPFFTT

vincent said:
alera said:
Inter could not afford his wages OR the fee. They have already said they are out of the running and cant afford him.

Rags have offered to make him their highest paid player on £130k a week but only seems to be the same sort of money he is on at Barca when you consider tax. I just hope he is sensible given his age and takes what we are offering. With him, tevez, barry and a couple of other quality additions on baord plus no distraction of europa 2 bob cup next season we would have a good chance of making top 4 anyway. He already has a champions league medal at the end of the day what difference does one season make to him ?

At the enbd of th day if he just wants to play for a massive club with a chance of winning the champions league again next season he would just stay at Barca. Money and a final big contract must be what he wants or he wouldnt be leaving them !

They could afford the fee if Zlatan was sold. Also, Zlatan is the highest paid player in the world so perhaps they could.

But nobody is going to spent £75m on an overrated player.

Assuming that we now have Tevez, RSC, Bellamy, Caiceido, Bojinov, Robinho, Jo and SWP as attackers in our squad, it would not annoy me if Etoo decides to stay where he is. Personally I would rather we spent a few more bob securing the services of Sturridge, especially as Etoo will be in Africa for 4-6 weeks when we really need him. Just my thoughts...

vincent said:
alera said:

just out of interest whats zlatan on?

Lomas has a lob on said:
vincent said:
alera said:

9 million euros...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.insideworldsoccer.com/2009/02/zlatan-ibrahimovic-and-kaka-worlds-best.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.insideworldsoccer.com/2009/0 ... -best.html</a>

Lomas has a lob on said:
vincent said:
alera said:

Prozac

Ibra is massively overated. Never played in a top league (ie Prem, Spain or Bundas) does not play for a top tier international side.

No one will pay that money for him, completly unproven outside italy playing every week.

EVEN if they got that money they couldnt afford the wages ETO wants after tax - Inter themselves have admitted this.

IBRA is NOT the top paid player in the world and never was - nothing like. No way he is on anything like ROnaldo, Kaka even the Robinhos of this world.

The italian league is very much the 4th league in europe now - they cant compete transfer fee or wages wise due to this. Even the big clubs in italy accept and openly admit they cant compete. Aging sides and a feeder league for the big european teams its been that way for years !

Look at the OAPs Inter are signing from Chelsea, Dece etc, well into their thirities - this is seen a progress for the best side in Italy !

alera said:
Ibra is massively overated. Never played in a top league (ie Prem, Spain or Bundas) does not play for a top tier international side.

No one will pay that money for him, completly unproven outside italy playing every week.

EVEN if they got that money they couldnt afford the wages ETO wants after tax - Inter themselves have admitted this.

IBRA is NOT the top paid player in the world and never was - nothing like. No way he is on anything like ROnaldo, Kaka even the Robinhos of this world.

The italian league is very much the 4th league in europe now - they cant compete transfer fee or wages wise due to this. Even the big clubs in italy accept and openly admit they cant compete. Aging sides and a feeder league for the big european teams its been that way for years !

Look at the OAPs Inter are signing from Chelsea, Dece etc, well into their thirities - this is seen a progress for the best side in Italy !

Oi I'm 31.... Less of the OAP's talk eh.

vincent said:
Lomas has a lob on said:
vincent said:
alera said:

9 million euros...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.insideworldsoccer.com/2009/02/zlatan-ibrahimovic-and-kaka-worlds-best.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.insideworldsoccer.com/2009/0 ... -best.html</a>

I love the fact that nearly all the players' wages in the list on this site are 'ball park' then you get to Terry and Lampard and it's £7,574,179.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.