Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

oafc dave said:
ok that means Ajay, spursmad is lying. Graham Hunter has told everyone the truth. Stop dreaming now! We have to realize Man City is still a middle class club. Fans should be satisfied to get Tevez. Forget Eto'o now! Let's focus on other target.

Alright, Gina?

It's surely a case of us waiting 48+ hours now? City aren't going to announce ANYTHING before his agent does. Cue the possibility of him signing on the 1st, along with Tevez?

oafc dave said:
ok that means Ajay, spursmad is lying. Graham Hunter has told everyone the truth. Stop dreaming now! We have to realize Man City is still a middle class club. Fans should be satisfied to get Tevez. Forget Eto'o now! Let's focus on other target.

Man City has never been a middle class club I will have you know.

I think what we must realise is that a deal can be done 100% with fees agreed and wages agreed but it is still very much 50/50 as to whether he decides to join!!

the cynic in me would suggest that Barca are doing an AC so they can turn round and say despite being offered all the money in the world our players would still rather play for a club of Barca's stature!!

It's scary just how quick sky sources are, also in relation to the press confrence these are just reports, if it's suppose to be a done deal then why are you all so worried?

rice10 said:
I think what we must realise is that a deal can be done 100% with fees agreed and wages agreed but it is still very much 50/50 as to whether he decides to join!!

the cynic in me would suggest that Barca are doing an AC so they can turn round and say despite being offered all the money in the world our players would still rather play for a club of Barca's stature!!

For some reason and I don't know why, Barca don't strike me as being a "slimy" club, such as AC, RM. I don't think they would pull such a stunt.

Has anyone thought that the reason the press conference is happening is because there will be some ground breaking news?

If it was simply a case of him staying, why has his agent just said this today instead of wasting time and effort arranging a press conference for tomorrow?

My guess (and it is a guess) is that he signs the contract for us today, and annouces it tomorrow.

johnny on the spot said:
oafc dave said:

ssn now!! eat your words 25 mill bid put in

Samuel Eto'o's agent will hold a press conference on Tuesday in a bid to clarify the Barcelona striker's future.

On Sunday, Barca president Joan Laporta claimed Manchester City had made a "stratospheric offer" to Eto'o.

The Cameroon international's future is the subject of conjecture as he enters the final year of his current contract.

Reports emanating from Spain suggest Eto'o's representative, Jose Maria Mesalles, is to announce the forward plans to see out his deal at Barca.

The striker, who will not attend the press conference, has one more year to run on his deal with the European champions, after which he could leave Camp Nou as a free agent

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.