Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

Thinking about this more I would argue that Cook has sounded out all parties involved and has been 100% sure that a kaka-esque saga wouldn't happen to us again... ?

They MUST be confident, if not sure, that Eto'o was interested from the offset?

svennis pennis said:
Kinkys Blue Socks said:
Has anyone thought that the reason the press conference is happening is because there will be some ground breaking news?

If it was simply a case of him staying, why has his agent just said this today instead of wasting time and effort arranging a press conference for tomorrow?

My guess (and it is a guess) is that he signs the contract for us today, and annouces it tomorrow.

Exactly what i said Kinky!

Gotta love thos positive vibes! Keep 'em coming.

amone said:
Balti said:
bobmcfc said:
maybe eto'o has been offered a deal from another club to stay at barca and go on a free next year.

What I was thinking too. Real/AC for example saying 'look we can't afford to pay the £25 mill to our biggest spanish rivals now but stay put and next year we will offer you similar/ more than City in salary.

He can't legally talk to a club about a free transfer until January can he? Whilst we are offering £25m Barca would not relax that law.
he would do it legal or not

mancboy123 said:
I may be being completely naive here but why would you need a press conference to tell people he is staying it just smacks of the unnecessary. if he is staying what other questions are there to be answered?

To look like a hero

What I was thinking too. Realfor example saying 'look we can't afford to pay the £25 mill to our biggest spanish rivals now but stay put and next year we will offer you similar/ more than City in salary.

THis is exactly what I thought to be honest. Real are giving out contracts this big to the likes of Tranni and Kaka. THey could just offer him he deal we have plus £10 million signing on fee next summer.

In the cold light of day I just cant see this guy signing for us, I really hope I m wrong it just doesnt seem realistic at this point in time though.

I imagine the hardest part of this deal will be Etoo trying to agree some sort of "loyalty" payment from Barca. He is in a very strong bargaining position with just a year left on his contract and probably thinks he can get a decent percentage of any fee we agree with Barca as he can threaten to see out his contract and get a huge signing on fee elsewhere next season.

my opinion is changing every few minutes with this!! I am pretty sure the hierachy of City wouldnt be stupid enough to put in an offer the same day the target's agents sets a time to announce that the player wont be signing!!

There is one thing bidding for a player not knowing if he will sign only to be rejected but to know the player is going to say no then bid?! noone would be that stupid would they?

Balti said:
svennis pennis said:
Kinkys Blue Socks said:
Has anyone thought that the reason the press conference is happening is because there will be some ground breaking news?

If it was simply a case of him staying, why has his agent just said this today instead of wasting time and effort arranging a press conference for tomorrow?

My guess (and it is a guess) is that he signs the contract for us today, and annouces it tomorrow.

Well you have to think, even Kaka did not call a press conference to announce he is staying and the media intensity was far higher than an Eto'o deal.

Taylor said:
If it was to be completed today then why would his agent hold a press conference tomorrow?

The only reason im thinking that this press conference would be held tomorrow is for his agent to make Eto'o look like the nice guy in all of this.

I.E Eto'o wanted to stay but the offer was too good to turn down, Eto'o loves Barca and its fans ect

Balti said:
svennis pennis said:
Kinkys Blue Socks said:

Just trying to keep the balance from the irrational thought of "There's a press conference? Deal must be off then!"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.