Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

bobmcfc said:
maybe eto'o has been offered a deal from another club to stay at barca and go on a free next year.

What I was thinking too. Realfor example saying 'look we can't afford to pay the £25 mill to our biggest spanish rivals now but stay put and next year we will offer you similar/ more than City in salary.

I think this is just the beginning of the end in him signing for us. We will have learnt a lot from the Kaka chase so my guess is that:

- We met with Laporta to see if he was for sale. They said yes and a fee was agreed
- We then wanted to make sure Eto'o was interested and since then we have been negotiating with him
- We now have the green light from Eto'o so the process begins of us making an official bid, the bid is then officially accepted and then by the end of the day he signs (as per Ajay's comments)

It is the same process with the two signings so far.

it wouldn't be unrealistic to assume that eto'o has been playing us to either make barca give him what he wants or to attract interst from elsewhere. goofy did the same thing to us. whatever happens i will love the club and our resident ITKs

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
bobmcfc said:
any updates Zin ?

Its just regurgitating an old stand point....... hence the fahim reference.
Seriously can't do with the arguments today, extremely busy but was told saturday afternoon that it was done and it broke sunday that this was indeed the case......... anyway spursmad is the new flava flave, leave it up to him.

LOL sounds like thats 2 of us getting bored of the window already. How are you Zin, other than busy obviously.

Kinkys Blue Socks said:
Has anyone thought that the reason the press conference is happening is because there will be some ground breaking news?

If it was simply a case of him staying, why has his agent just said this today instead of wasting time and effort arranging a press conference for tomorrow?

My guess (and it is a guess) is that he signs the contract for us today, and annouces it tomorrow.

Exactly what i said Kinky!

Balti said:
bobmcfc said:
maybe eto'o has been offered a deal from another club to stay at barca and go on a free next year.

What I was thinking too. Real/AC for example saying 'look we can't afford to pay the £25 mill to our biggest spanish rivals now but stay put and next year we will offer you similar/ more than City in salary.

He can't legally talk to a club about a free transfer until January can he? Whilst we are offering £25m Barca would not relax that law.

If it was to be completed today then why would his agent hold a press conference tomorrow?

I may be being completely naive here but why would you need a press conference to tell people he is staying it just smacks of the unnecessary. if he is staying what other questions are there to be answered?

moonies lovechild said:
I think this is just the beginning of the end in him signing for us. We will have learnt a lot from the Kaka chase so my guess is that:

- We met with Laporta to see if he was for sale. They said yes and a fee was agreed
- We then wanted to make sure Eto'o was interested and since then we have been negotiating with him
- We now have the green light from Eto'o so the process begins of us making an official bid, the bid is then officially accepted and then by the end of the day he signs (as per Ajay's comments)

It is the same process with the two signings so far.

You clearly have your head screwed on mate , i totally agree with this .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.