Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

If we have put a bid in officially that means we have come to an agreement with Eto'o otherwise we would just save face and say we never made an offer for him if he ended up staying at Barca.

But thinking logically it doesn't sense. His agent says he wants to stay yet apparently the deal is done and he's looking forward to playing for us? Doesn't add up to me.

Why a press confrence and not a newspaper interview?

Ilovemaineroad said:
Hi Everyone,

Been reading the quotes on this site over the last few days and just registered and wanted to say Hi and get involved!

I am a season ticket holder at COMS and love all the talk of Eto, Tevez etc!.

For what its worth I have a positive outlook on Eto'o and think like most he will be on board by end of the week latest. I am basing that on the fact that I also believe we cant afford another "Kaka" episode!......surely not again!

CTID

iv never done this before so let me take it away...................rag!

7Superman said:
I agree with what a few people have already said. We have apparently been negotiating with Eto'o for some time, even Laporta says we have offered Eto'o a deal. If he has said no, why would we make a bid?? We'd look stupid! I think it is a done deal as Spursmad says and we are just going through the motions. The press conference by his agent will just be PR trying to soften the Barca supporters.

Also, I dont see the Barca supporters rioting over this as they know the money would be used to buy Villa who they'd more than likely prefer. Also, every other player that we were incorrectly linked with Cooke has come out and denied, in this case he has gone public with the bid.

I was as giddy as everyone else yesterday. Its funny how you sleep on it and thinking sensibly.....its not going to happen.

At the moment all we can offer is a big pile of cash and by waiting he can get even more this time next year. So why would he sign for us ?

The one variable in there is if Barca go arsey and refused to play him, plus his age and risk of getting injured. If it was me I would still hold out for another year for more money and the move to Real.....

Its certain he wont be signing today no medical etc. I guess we find out tommrow whats happening.

oafc dave said:
ReVoRolla said:
its very odd .... why would a player hold a press conference at all if he was staying or going.
Well, Robinho did something like this last summer several times though.

I definitely believe it's off now, unless Man City announced something today. If that is a done deal, I dont think they'll allow a player's agent to speak before they confirm it.

Very true, City will do the confirming not his agent, so if it isn't announced today then it looks extremely unlikely.

The Doctor said:
Just look at how many Blues are on line!
Is nobody doing any work?

Not to mention the 319 guests (most likely Talkshite reporters................)

Cheshire Blue said:
if you see my post a few pages back if ETO says he wants to leave, no loyalty payment from Barca, its 100% nailed on he like most big stars have a clause.

if he says i want to stay etc then he will get both loyalty payment and a signing on fee form us.

the guy is massivley financially motivated, not to line his own pockets but for some charity he runs in africa. the more money he can make then better for this.

plus inter have thrown a spanner in the works!

Is this just your theory? or are you "ITK"?

alera said:
I was as giddy as everyone else yesterday. Its funny how you sleep on it and thinking sensibly.....its not going to happen.

At the moment all we can offer is a big pile of cash and by waiting he can get even more this time next year. So why would he sign for us ?

The one variable in there is if Barca go arsey and refused to play him, plus his age and risk of getting injured. If it was me I would still hold out for another year for more money and the move to Real.....

Its certain he wont be signing today no medical etc. I guess we find out tommrow whats happening.

You're as bad as Pam and the imposter formerly known as C_T_I_D ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.