Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

THis was a very high risk move IMO. If we dont pull it off the press are going to have a field day...
You're as bad as Pam and the imposter formerly known as C_T_I_D ;-)

WHy becuase I am being sensible ! I really hope it happens, but it seems pretty likely it wont !

bobmcfc said:
swinton blue said:
i think the press conference will be eto'o saying he wants to see out his contract if barca want him. barca wont want to keep him and then let him go for nothing, barca accept offer, eto'o comes but doesnt look bad in the fans eyes because "he didnt want to leave in the first place"

Barca can't make him leave if he doesn't want to

i know that but i think eto'o really wants to go just saying he wants to stay for fans benifit

Although Eto'o would be a great signing I am alone in being more concerned that Tevez and say one or maybe two quality defenders are on board?!?!

well tbh on ssn it says barcelona have confirmed that they want to try and sign franck ribery

soo they need the money from the eto'o deal to get him wouldnt you think?

mancboy123 said:
John Mc your right eto'o is holding a four kings BUT he is also taking a hell of gamble with his career, like i said earlier, one bad tackle, one awkward fall, one wrong turn while driving his car, any number of things make those kings absolutely worthless and his career becomes nothing.

Also you dont know how barca are likely to react to this whose to say they dont bench him, i dont think guardiola is one to be pushed around by his players and if it comes to the point where he is intentionally seeing out his contract with a view to leaving him for nothing i think you could see him quickly benched.

Barca are certainly good enuff that benching him wouldnt hurt them 2 much ( yes i know he scored 36 goals last season ) but in that team benjani would have got 20.

I agree with what youre saying about him taking a gamble with his career but maybe he thinks along the lines off what if i leave a club for one not in champs league and never get back in it due to an injury at the end of the season meaning his last yr as a pro was not at highest level!!

playing devils advocate here!!

Apologies if already posted, and sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but just seen this on Football 365:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,16198_5405349,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.football365.com/story/0,1703 ... 49,00.html</a>

11.34: They may have made Samuel Eto'o a 'stratospheric' offer, but the word out of Spain is that Eto'o's agent will announce at a press conference on Tuesday that his client will stay at Barcelona for the final year of his contract.

Fingers crossed it's bull shit Spanish gutter press who want him to stay

lee-mcfc said:
well tbh on ssn it says barcelona have confirmed that they want to try and sign franck ribery

soo they need the money from the eto'o deal to get him wouldnt you think?

Could well be but they can't force eto out can they

Fair point but with regards to the champs league the guy has won it twice and scored in 2 finals maybe its not a huge priority.

For the record I cant see us getting him but something about this whole transfer just doesnt stack up with me!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.