Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

what did they just say on the news on tv? (dunno which one)

he was saying "reports from spain suggest that eto'o has rejected a large offer from city..." and i missed the rest because my gf walked in.

Pam said:
I have a question re this apparent bonus payment. Can anyone clarify how this contractural term is triggered. Is it triggered by the player officially requesting the transfer or is it triggered by him saying he wants to stay at Barca but isn't wanted. This could make a difference, when you think about it.

I'd imagine it's triggered by requesting a move.

I have a question re this apparent bonus payment. Can anyone clarify how this contractural term is triggered. Is it triggered by the player officially requesting the transfer or is it triggered by him saying he wants to stay at Barca but isn't wanted. This could make a difference, when you think about it.[/quote]

If sold by the club he gets his payment.

If he asks for the move he doesnt.

Hope that helps

i mo its all just about lookin good to the fans, barca want eto'o to say he wants to leave, but eto'o wants barca to say they want to sell him just like milan and kaka and they prob want us to stump up the 10 or so mill for his loyalty bonus to leave them with all the transfer fee

I have a question re this apparent bonus payment. Can anyone clarify how this contractural term is triggered. Is it triggered by the player officially requesting the transfer or is it triggered by him saying he wants to stay at Barca but isn't wanted. This could make a difference, when you think about it.

===================== [Quote button isnt working] ======================

If the player leaves on his own terms then it is not paid, but if he leaves and he wanted to stay at Barcelona, just the club wished to sell him then in theory it should be paid.

This is why laporta makes it sound like he couldnt refuse the offer where as his agent states he wants to stay at Barcelona, hopefully something can be agreed. I think its fair to say everything else has been agreed.

g180aj said:
i mo its all just about lookin good to the fans, barca want eto'o to say he wants to leave, but eto'o wants barca to say they want to sell him just like milan and kaka and they prob want us to stump up the 10 or so mill for his loyalty bonus to leave them with all the transfer fee

I don't know, Barcelona fans seem quite happy for him to leave.

bluemoon32 said:
g180aj said:

I don't know, Barcelona fans seem quite happy for him to leave.

Only if its at the expense of David Villa coming into the club.

Fans happy or not he will still want to look good coming out of the transfer.

Anyone slightly concerned spursmad has not posted today? I'm aware he will probably work also has a life, but tbh he has come out of his way to tell us about deals and he has been on here almost everynight.

I'm begining to think he is itk but got carried away with this Eto'o deal, being pm'ed off everone maybe pressure told and he made a presumption the deal was done.

SM- this is not a dig fella.

g180aj said:

I agree and I wish we would give them the pissing money as an interest fee loan until they can sort themselves out.

The fact his agent says unless there is a 180 Degree turn around he is likely to stay suggest that the whole deal hinges on something (As we seem to think the Loyalty payment) and its still a possibility, have faith.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.