Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

It wont stop people getting their knickers in a twist and abusing another ITK - who takes time to pass on his info.

If I was Spursmad I would not post onto this site anymore following the ridiculous amount of abuse aimed at him following the media circus that loves to knock us.

FFs lets chill what will be will be - we will all be there come August with a squad that has vastly improved from end of last season already.

allan harper said:
Lomas has a lob on said:
people are putting all these links on here from papers etc, and it just adds to what is already a well over speculated transfer. city have said nothing, no denial, no confirming nothing. . . . . now unless something has changed dramatically ie transfer going tits up we would have had some kind of official city statement weather it be good or bad, but we havent . . . this deal is still on at the moment until we hear from city officially. dont listen to SSN or radio stations or read newspaper articles unless they have official city statements in them, all of the before mentioned want a story out of city and probably an egg on our face 1, and with so many people on hear getting suicidle over it, were just sharpening there pencils for them.

Your name is pure gold.........
cheers fella i remember it like it was yesterday

As I understand it the dispute is over 10 mill.

If City end up having to pay that, we will have paid 35 mill for a worldclass striker.

Still a good deal imo.

Lomas has a lob on said:
people are putting all these links on here from papers etc, and it just adds to what is already a well over speculated transfer. city have said nothing, no denial, no confirming nothing. . .

Not entirely true...

<a class="postlink" href="http://skybluethinking.wordpress.com/2009/06/29/city-unofficially-deny-stratospheric-offer-to-etoo/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://skybluethinking.wordpress.com/20 ... r-to-etoo/</a>

If Eto'o had rejected us City would have released a statement by now saying they have pulled out of negotiations, as they did with the Kaka deal.

Theres no way City would say nothing and just let his agent call a press conference announcing the rejection.

I still think its on.

gillymcfc said:
It wont stop people getting their knickers in a twist and abusing another ITK - who takes time to pass on his info.

If I was Spursmad I would not post onto this site anymore following the ridiculous amount of abuse aimed at him following the media circus that loves to knock us.

FFs lets chill what will be will be - we will all be there come August with a squad that has vastly improved from end of last season already.

Its probably down to the age of some of the posters!

somervillain said:
Lomas has a lob on said:
people are putting all these links on here from papers etc, and it just adds to what is already a well over speculated transfer. city have said nothing, no denial, no confirming nothing. . .

Not entirely true...

<a class="postlink" href="http://skybluethinking.wordpress.com/2009/06/29/city-unofficially-deny-stratospheric-offer-to-etoo/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://skybluethinking.wordpress.com/20 ... r-to-etoo/</a>

that is entirely irrelevant. he's talking about the money city have offered. it suits laporta to say it's stratospheric, and it suits city to say, look, the weekly wage will be the same as robinho (and it suits them not to say he is getting X million signing on bonus, X million when we qualify for the champs league, X million if he scores 20 goals).

Barca and Eto'o will come to a compromise in order for him to be able to sign for us - neither benefits by the stand-off so expect an announcement in morn to say agreed to meet in middle, say 6mil loyalty payment.

imo this is why City are staying quiet, we know this is not down to us now and that Eto'o and Barca will chip away at each other until a deal is struck.

i still think deal is done, final piece is agreement on bonus.

ive been reading the topics all day and signed up to post my opinion - dont take it as fact it is just an opinion.

i think that this deal is 100% done like spursmad had said. we have been told before that garry cook has been meeting barcelona representatives, including the night after the CL final. i dont think cook wants to suffer the embarrassment he did after the kaka saga, and he knows just what to do. this transfer has probably been pursued for quite a long time, so have faith people!!

i believe in garry cook, i think he is a great guy, and i felt very sorry for him after the incident with kaka, because he didn't deserve all the blame. he has this one sorted imo :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.