Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

Oh well according to El Mundo Samuel Eto'o signed for Inter Milan 2 weeks ago, and that was supposed to be a done deal at the time. The are the least reliable source in Europe mate, plus they seem to have a downer on City constantly, its them who started the Robinho to Barca rumor lately.

just checked on oddschecker and city have been backed into 6-4 from 4-1 to be his club at the end of the transfer window must have been a lot of money been put on him for him to shorten like that

smith1855 said:
Oh well according to El Mundo Samuel Eto'o signed for Inter Milan 2 weeks ago, and that was supposed to be a done deal at the time. The are the least reliable source in Europe mate, plus they seem to have a downer on City constantly, its them who started the Robinho to Barca rumor lately.

No, that was TV3 the Catalan TV/Radio station

El Mundo, Marca, TV3 they are all unreliable and have there own agenda's and club links. Milan TV and Corrello de sport do it in Italy just like we have the unreliable Rag tops. Unless there are attributed direct quotes from a player or manager then I tend to ignore the article, even the agents and the chairmen tend to use the media for manipulation in deals.

C_T_I_D said:
Thanks for the clarification Tolmie's. I'm sure you'll respect my 'believe it when I see it' approach though.

Nothing good ever happens to City, that's just how it is :-)

FFS seriously bored of your constant negativity on here. Things haven't gone our way in footballing terms over the years but times are changing and you need to realise that.

The take over was amazing for us.
Robbie signing was amazing for us.
Gareth Barry is also a high cailbre signing.

All things good that have happened to us.

BibbyBlue85 said:
C_T_I_D said:
Thanks for the clarification Tolmie's. I'm sure you'll respect my 'believe it when I see it' approach though.

Nothing good ever happens to City, that's just how it is :-)

FFS seriously bored of your constant negativity on here. Things haven't gone our way in footballing terms over the years but times are changing and you need to realise that.

The take over was amazing for us.
Robbie signing was amazing for us.
Gareth Barry is also a high cailbre signing.

All things good that have happened to us.

I agree. The takeover had made us the envy of world football. It's been like winning the lottery.

Mini-update...

Barca deal with villa is closely linked with us getting Eto'o - may even depend on it..

"The Blaugrana confirmed that they held talks with Valencia last weekend and were set to follow up with a bid of €50 million, with Bojan Krkic and Martin Caceres spending a year at the Mestalla.

But that fee was not just for Villa as Barcelona also stated that for such a huge amount that they wanted Mata thrown in the deal as well, La Sexta have now revealed.

Barca are said to be Valencia's preferred destination for their striker to go as Real Madrid's interest looks set to be rekindled, but the new twist has meant they could now be rejected.

The Spanish media still believe that Villa will go to the Bernabeu, but the two Catalan sports dailies believe that a deal will be struck if and when Samuel Eto'o agrees to leave Camp Nou."

Hasn't Villa said he only wants to go to Real Madrid? Or did i imagine that? If us signing Eto'o depends on Villa going to Barca, then it's lowered my confidence considerably. But i'm sure there'll be plenty more twists and turns.

Tricky_Trev said:
Hasn't Villa said he only wants to go to Real Madrid? Or did i imagine that? If us signing Eto'o depends on Villa going to Barca, then it's lowered my confidence considerably. But i'm sure there'll be plenty more twists and turns.

Villa has said he has made his mind up, but not told anyone but Valencia management... The papers have said Madrid, but clearly Barca still think they have a shot at him, so who knows...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.