Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

Darker shade of Blue said:
vincent said:
nu774ll said:
If we sign Eto'o it will get rid of any doubts we have of turning that corner, just under 3 weeks ago he was scoring in the CL final and picking up his winners medal, now we are rumoured to be close to signing him, and this is no player coming towards the end of his career...so we should IMO break the bank for him and we will have one hell of a fucking signing and one hell of a forward line!<BR itxtvisited="1"><BR itxtvisited="1">i think were finally heading towards that 2nd verse of the bluemoon chorus!
<BR itxtvisited="1"><BR itxtvisited="1">Scoring in the Prem , and scoring in Spain are 2 different things .<BR itxtvisited="1">If he can score as many as Yakubu , then you might have a great signing , or an over paid flop if he didn't .
<BR itxtvisited="1"><BR itxtvisited="1">This must be a joke. Eto'o is on a different planet to Yakubu.
<BR itxtvisited="1"><BR itxtvisited="1">Yakubu is proven in the prem though :o)

Arteta's proven in the prem, would you rather have him than Iniesta? Thats basically what your saying

Eto is a much better striker than Yakubu

nu774ll said:
If we sign Eto'o it will get rid of any doubts we have of turning that corner, just under 3 weeks ago he was scoring in the CL final and picking up his winners medal, now we are rumoured to be close to signing him, and this is no player coming towards the end of his career...so we should IMO break the bank for him and we will have one hell of a fucking signing and one hell of a forward line!

i think were finally heading towards that 2nd verse of the bluemoon chorus!

Scoring in the Prem , and scoring in Spain are 2 different things .
If he can score as many as Yakubu , then you might have a great signing , or an over paid flop if he didn't .

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Sorry!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Yakubu!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Stop it, you're killing me!

DSOB i thought you used to be a sensible poster!!...but like the 1st reply you got, he wont have to do much to score more than the Yak will he haha

vincent said:
nu774ll said:
If we sign Eto'o it will get rid of any doubts we have of turning that corner, just under 3 weeks ago he was scoring in the CL final and picking up his winners medal, now we are rumoured to be close to signing him, and this is no player coming towards the end of his career...so we should IMO break the bank for him and we will have one hell of a fucking signing and one hell of a forward line!

i think were finally heading towards that 2nd verse of the bluemoon chorus!

Scoring in the Prem , and scoring in Spain are 2 different things .
If he can score as many as Yakubu , then you might have a great signing , or an over paid flop if he didn't .

This must be a joke. Eto'o is on a different planet to Yakubu.

Yakubu is proven in the prem though :o)

Perhaps, but still not in the same class. Eto'o is one of the top 5 strikers in the world. Outstanding player. All my rag mates are desperate for them to buy him.

Failsworth_Blue said:
Arteta's proven in the prem, would you rather have him than Iniesta? Thats basically what your saying

We already own both players . There is a bit of difference there than not having that quality and bringing someone in hoping they will do the job .
Any player that plays for Barca is complemented by the team around them . Take away that team , and it's touch and go .
Time will tell I guess .

Eto will be a failure in the prem. He just finished as the top scorer for the european champions. So he's got to be shit. You cant argue with my logic because its GENIUS. And yes Yakubu is the greatest striker ever to have graced the surface of the earth.

On a serious note, Eto's wages may be justified by the global impact he is going to have. Many dont realise the impact the robinho signing had here in India. The Eto signing will be even better. So nothing wrong in paying him what he asks. add to that he can score score a truckload as well. win -win.

Failsworth_Blue said:

We already own both players . There is a bit of difference there than not having that quality and bringing someone in hoping they will do the job .
Any player that plays for Barca is complemented by the team around them . Take away that team , and it's touch and go . Time will tell I guess .

Check out his record for Cameron and Mallorca. Outstanding. Africa player of the year 2 or 3 times.

Failsworth_Blue said:

Any player that plays for Barca is complemented by the team around them . Take away that team , and it's touch and go .
Time will tell I guess .

Of course Iniesta is helped by having top class players like Eto behind him but Barcelona are the best team in europe because they have the best players. Eto is class and he scored goals in an average Mallorca side before moving to Barca so i don't really see what you're getting at. He's in a different leauge to Yakubu is we're being honest

coimbatore blue said:
Eto will be a failure in the prem. He just finished as the top scorer for the european champions. So he's got to be shit. You cant argue with my logic because its GENIUS. And yes Yakubu is the greatest striker ever to have graced the surface of the earth.

On a serious note, Eto's wages may be justified by the global impact he is going to have. Many dont realise the impact the robinho signing had here in India. The Eto signing will be even better. So nothing wrong in paying him what he asks. add to that he can score score a truckload as well. win -win.

what was the impact of Robinho signing like mate? alot of bandwagon jumpers? more city shirts seen round or just that Citys name become more known?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.