Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

Come on be fair to DSOB some people have started giving him unecessary shit so now he's only giving a bit of wumming back. I'm not sure what you mean by "destruction of morals" dsob because football has been a money talks sport since it's very beginnings, there was never a moral code that everyone agreed to and operated by, it's a myth. Sure, the money used to be shared out more evenly, but that time was gone long before city were taken over.

As for that post the other day about how everton were 'happy' to aim at finishing 5th whereas city were ambitious, it shows an embarrassing lack of knowledge, but don't get drawn into it!

Also a lot of city fans on here seem to think we've already signed eto'o. It's touch and go believe me, less likely he'll come here so don't make tits of yourselves.

Did that fucking numpty just compare Eto'o and Yakubu?

LOL what an idiot.

Darker shade of Blue said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
Arteta's proven in the prem, would you rather have him than Iniesta? Thats basically what your saying

Eto is a much better striker than Yakubu

We already own both players . There is a bit of difference there than not having that quality and bringing someone in hoping they will do the job .
Any player that plays for Barca is complemented by the team around them . Take away that team , and it's touch and go .
Time will tell I guess .

Yous Evertonians really make me laugh haha

coimbatore blue said:
Eto will be a failure in the prem. He just finished as the top scorer for the european champions. So he's got to be shit. You cant argue with my logic because its GENIUS. And yes Yakubu is the greatest striker ever to have graced the surface of the earth.

On a serious note, Eto's wages may be justified by the global impact he is going to have. Many dont realise the impact the robinho signing had here in India. The Eto signing will be even better. So nothing wrong in paying him what he asks. add to that he can score score a truckload as well. win -win.

i agree put the YAK in barca team he will score 100 goals a season easy!

SWPISHOME said:
Darker shade of Blue said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
Arteta's proven in the prem, would you rather have him than Iniesta? Thats basically what your saying

Eto is a much better striker than Yakubu

We already own both players . There is a bit of difference there than not having that quality and bringing someone in hoping they will do the job .
Any player that plays for Barca is complemented by the team around them . Take away that team , and it's touch and go .
Time will tell I guess .

Yous Evertonians really make me laugh haha

I really do hope hes fucking joking, I'm pissing myself, carry on talking shit mate.

I know what the Everton lad is saying, and at the ridiculous prices and wages being touted about (could be and probably is all bollox) then Eto'o would have to score 50 goals next season or else he would be an overpriced over the hill donkey who never adapted to the Premier League.
We paid £19m for a 20 year old Brazilian international last season and he was a massive flop,so a 28 year old done it all seen it all striker who has never played in the Prem. either could flop too, for me any striker who scores 15 goals or more in this league is a success no matter what fee has been paid, and nothing is a nailed on cert. I would rather us be discussing Benzema but K sera.

oaksie2 said:
I know what the Everton lad is saying, and at the ridiculous prices and wages being touted about (could be and probably is all bollox) then Eto'o would have to score 50 goals next season or else he would be an overpriced over the hill donkey who never adapted to the Premier League.
We paid £19m for a 20 year old Brazilian international last season and he was a massive flop,so a 28 year old done it all seen it all striker who has never played in the Prem. either could flop too, for me any striker who scores 15 goals or more in this league is a success no matter what fee has been paid, and nothing is a nailed on cert. I would rather us be discussing Benzema but K sera.

No we wouldn't, the revenue alone from shirt sales will add up too a hell of a lot, Eto'o is adored in Africa.

oaksie2 said:
Personally I think Benzema is overrated, I would have Eto'o anyday ahead of him.

Seriously when are we going to ban these bin dippers?

I understand they have sad lives and support a pathetic club so have nothing better to do than come on a decent sides board but this is getting beyond a joke.

Of course Yakubu is better than Eto. Of course he is.

40 goals last season leading scorer in the champion’s league. World player of the year 3 times. If you think Yakubu is a better players that really is beyond lunatic fringe.

At least we are in the market for these players even if we don’t sign them.

oaksie2 said:

I dont think this is the case though, Eto'os game is about pace and power - just what is needed in the premiership added to that with his class and great finishing i can hradly see him failing in the premiership whereas Jo is not about pace and power and has struggled in the Premier league

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.