Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

oaksie2 said:
I know what the Everton lad is saying, and at the ridiculous prices and wages being touted about (could be and probably is all bollox) then Eto'o would have to score 50 goals next season or else he would be an overpriced over the hill donkey who never adapted to the Premier League.
We paid £19m for a 20 year old Brazilian international last season and he was a massive flop,so a 28 year old done it all seen it all striker who has never played in the Prem. either could flop too, for me any striker who scores 15 goals or more in this league is a success no matter what fee has been paid, and nothing is a nailed on cert. I would rather us be discussing Benzema but K sera.

Benzema is good but nowhere near as good as Eto currently is, he may go on to be one day but at this moment in time Eto is the better striker

MCFC-alan88 said:
oaksie2 said:
I know what the Everton lad is saying, and at the ridiculous prices and wages being touted about (could be and probably is all bollox) then Eto'o would have to score 50 goals next season or else he would be an overpriced over the hill donkey who never adapted to the Premier League.
We paid £19m for a 20 year old Brazilian international last season and he was a massive flop,so a 28 year old done it all seen it all striker who has never played in the Prem. either could flop too, for me any striker who scores 15 goals or more in this league is a success no matter what fee has been paid, and nothing is a nailed on cert. I would rather us be discussing Benzema but K sera.

No we wouldn't, the revenue alone from shirt sales will add up too a hell of a lot, Eto'o is adored in Africa.
Shirt sales in Africa??!! fook me that is a belter.

nu774ll said:
coimbatore blue said:
Eto will be a failure in the prem. He just finished as the top scorer for the european champions. So he's got to be shit. You cant argue with my logic because its GENIUS. And yes Yakubu is the greatest striker ever to have graced the surface of the earth.

On a serious note, Eto's wages may be justified by the global impact he is going to have. Many dont realise the impact the robinho signing had here in India. The Eto signing will be even better. So nothing wrong in paying him what he asks. add to that he can score score a truckload as well. win -win.

what was the impact of Robinho signing like mate? alot of bandwagon jumpers? more city shirts seen round or just that Citys name become more known?

Not exactly bandwagon jumpers, but everyone now has an eye on city .fact. Last week i was talking to a gooner mate and he was constantly going on about city and how next year top 4 may be difficult for them. But do expect the bandwagon jumpers once city achieve something like trophies or a champs league spot. City is well on the global map now and Eto is going to make it even better.

Cannot believe I am reading a post comparing Etoo to Yakubu ????

108 league goals in 145 league games you clown.

Oh and Lescott will be dropping his transfer request in over the weekend.

oaksie2 said:
MCFC-alan88 said:
oaksie2 said:

No we wouldn't, the revenue alone from shirt sales will add up too a hell of a lot, Eto'o is adored in Africa.

You do realise that not all of Africa is fooked? there are parts that have money.

oaksie2 said:
MCFC-alan88 said:
oaksie2 said:

TBH mate there are alot of shirt sales in Africa just at a lower price. I watched Ross kemp on gangs last monday and there was numerous people wearing the new united shirt. 1 even had Tevez on his shirt.

You do realise that football is only second to god in africa ? Yes its poor but huge population and support base. Yes millions of shirts are sold over there its a massive market !

Just shows what a knob head this bin dipper is comparing Yakubu to Eto. If he honestly things that he really must be thick as pig shit or completely deluded.

alera said:
You do realise that football is only second to god in africa ? Yes its poor but huge population and support base. Yes millions of shirts are sold over there its a massive market !
Well you learn something everyday, sign him up and open a few thousand City Stores while were at it over there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.