Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Great bit of business by Khaldoon and city. So what if we don't get etoo, it has sent shock waves through the game and look how its being reported , perhaps the penny is dropping. Barcelona beg city.... Much more important than the signing of one player no matter who it is.

SalfordCityBlue said:
Llewellyn Dowd said:
How dare you even hint that a man of Khaldoon's standing may be a fool? You clown, he's a very accomplished businessman with more nous than anybody you've ever been within a mile of.

lol.

If he has blown our chance to sign a player like Eto'o through impatience then calling him a fool is being extremely kind.

Hopefully that is not the case.

You had never heard of him a year ago, and have read what? a couple of interviews since?

You know as much about him as you do about me, so take your tongue out of his crack.

lol.
all that we need to know about khaldoon - it is a universally accepted fact that he is extremely wealthy because he is a shrewd and intelligent businessman.

what we know about you - you make comments about people's tongues coming into contact with other people's rectal cavities, because said people have the audacity to show faith in the people who have given city the opportunity to be the team we have dreamed of being years. what a bunch of mugs, eh. ;)

bumbleblue said:
Great bit of business by Khaldoon and city. So what if we don't get etoo, it has sent shock waves through the game and look how its being reported , perhaps the penny is dropping. Barcelona beg city.... Much more important than the signing of one player no matter who it is.
ferzakerly!!

3 point's. Or is it 2 point's?

Since City announced they had pulled out of the Eto deal, neither Eto(more importantly) or his agent have issued a statement. Neither have Barca.

1.The normal procedure is. Said player and/or agent both deny the buying club pulled out first and it was them that turned the buying club down. For what ever reason. Agreed? We've seen it a million times before, not just at City.

2.The selling club also issue a statement as a rule saying either they didn't want to sell the player, he didn't want to go or they blame the buying club for the collapse of the transfer. Agreed?

3.This leads me to believe Eto and his agent still want the move to happen, hence keeping quiet and not bad mouthing City. The same with Barca. Barca 'need' this deal to be resurrected so they can buy Villa.

Perhap's City pulling out with force both Eto and Barca to come to a compromise? We shall see.

jrb said:
3 point's. Or is it 2 point's?

Since City announced they had pulled out of the Eto deal, neither Eto(more importantly) or his agent's have issued a statement. Neither have Barca.

1.The normal procedure is. Said player and/or agent both deny the buying club pulled out first and it was them that turned the buying club down. For what ever reason. Agreed? We've seen it a million times before, not just at City.

2.The selling club also issue a statement as a rule saying they either didn't want to sell the player, he didn't want to go or they blame the buying club for the collapse of the transfer. Agreed?

3.This leads me to believe Eto and his agent still want the move to happen, hence keeping quiet and not bad mouthing City. The same with Barca. Barca 'need' this deal to be resurrected so they can buy Villa.

Perhap's City pulling out with force both Eto and Barca to come to a compromise? We shall see.
agree 110%
this could be the defining moment when the worlds media and other clubs realise we are deadly serious and wont be taken for fucking idiots!!

we aint going to sit around all summer waiting for eto'o and barca to quit playing silly beggars ! there are other targets that we could miss out on if we hang around, like aguero, fabiano etc. if this deal is to be completed barca an eto'o need to make it happen fast, im sure our chairman would change his mind if he thought everything including a medical could be completed in the next 24/48 hours. it didnt seem to look like that could happen so we pulled out !

simple terms....

Barca thought the longer it went on the more likely we would buckle and help pay the loyalty bonus (desperate City.....)

City have "flicked the rods" as we are not prepared to be treated like twats.

City move on and start bidding on other strikers whilst we put maximum effort into tying up Terry deal.

Barca and Eto'o know it's now or never as both would be paid more by City than any other club - they need to be bloody quick in reaching agreement as the more time that passes the more likely we will have started to concentrate our efforts elsewhere.

The clock is ticking.......

Posted on the MEN website.

Don't know if it has been seen yet. The poster lives in Spain. Good read.

Bludarnsarf here is my Spanish Press review:

Can’t say I am happy with this outcome as some of you say you are. I would have loved it if we had signed him. I never really seen this coming right now and neither did the Spanish Press, as they made up the 48hr deadline which would have ended today. The fact we pulled out while Cook was in Brazil indicates it was the decision of our owner. So can’t really argue as it is his money. I know no more than anyone else on here what was or wasn’t going on in the negotiations apart from what was in the Spanish Press. So here goes;

No media outlet in Spain is stating that Eto’o turned us down, so we can at least be assured that he did not (unless he says otherwise and I assure you he would have done so by now).

So it might help if some of you didn't repeat that he has bec you are spreading negativity about the club that has not been confirmed anywhere.

I will start with the worst and then tell you of the majority view. The most negative view was in elmundodeportivo last night who did change their viewpoint this morning, I can only assume after speaking to FC Barcelona. Late last night there was a bit of, who does this club think it is? As an immediate reaction there was a lot of shock with the timing. They then dragged out the usual for them, Eto’o deserves better than to be rushed by a mid-table team that couldn’t make Europe with a win nothing manager but, their stance has softened today. They are now saying City are going for Tevez instead and Eto’o’s options for a so called great CL club are running out as Milan are close to signing Luis Fabiano and his chance of Utd putting in a bid is uncertain.

It sounds from what they are writing that Eto’o is more interested in getting grievances publically off his chest with the FCB management than an immediate transfer anywhere. There is talk of him giving a press conference but I am not expecting him to mention us particularly (though I will let you know). There are no quotes from him, his lawyer or Barcelona anywhere. So it is very difficult to confirm all that is written.

The rest of the press are talking about the severance payment that Eto’o and FCB could not agree on and are equally surprised we withdrew so soon with everything else allegedly agreed. They have copied quotes from the MUEN article on Cooks call for patience yesterday and saying how can withdrawing so quickly from negotiations be in line with that. They have repeated the Hughes quote on not wanting to wait all summer too.

Some believe this is just a change of our negotiating position and that he will sign for us eventually. FC Barcelona has yet to mention it on their website or comment, so we can read from that they hope all is not over yet too.

After reading everything my view is this, we have been trying to buy a player from a club where the two parties are at war with each other. The fight has been brewing for two years. He didn’t have any problem with us which is why he agreed to our terms (that has been assumed for a while). The severance payment is just an aside to the general animosity between FCB and Eto’o as they don’t even communicate anymore without throwing insults. Eto’o feels he has been demonised, lied to and disrespected by Laporta. He needs to get a lot off his chest with the injustice he feels, to even remotely consider a move right now and yet he has told Barcelona to stick the 2yr extension. This scenario seems to be perfectly in line with the statement on our website.

The Press (apart from elmundo up to today) agreed we were the best option for both Eto’o and Barcelona. It is never over until the fat lady sings (and the phrasing on our website wasn't exactly an aria) so who knows how this might end. Hopefully, not with a transfer to Utd.

I for one would not object to negotiations being reopened at some point, if Barcelona and Eto'o request it.

Ah well, lets reinforce the point with Barcelona now by going for their defensive target Bruno Alves. So full of optimism that we are at least attempting to get the best. Some will come and some won't.

Please try not to allow your insecurities to downplay how close we came to getting Kaka and Eto'o. The first editions were being printed in Italy announcing Kaka had signed for us when news of the deal collapsing flashed across the tv. Who knows what would have happened if we had turned up with a contract with numbers to be signed rather than chat about marketing and image issues for hours or, had we just decided to bypass the fight and agree to psy a signing fee to Eto'o. We've come closer than Chelsea or Utd have ever come to bringing a true world class star to the EPL, that is for sure. Onwards and upwards which is inevitable for us now.

Barcelona debt 468M euro, Real Madrid 800M+ euro now, Utd £700M Reasone to be cheerful.

KiteSurfer Gal, Cheshire/Barcelona

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.