Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

southstand117 said:
simon23 said:
marco said:
i still think we will get the hatrick eto,terry,tevez

are you just being very optimistic or do you have reason to think this.

tevez i thinnk we will get......but eto'o deal looks dead in the water and terry is 50-50
spursmad says don't give up on eto'o

maybe spurs mad isnt completely upto date with the info he has received.....lets see what he says over the next few days as it will surely take him a little while to get upto date info

i dont go in for all this smoke screen business.......i dont think we would have issued a statement on the official site saying we were pulling out of the deal if it wasnt true.....

Samuel Eto'o's hopes of a big-money move to the Premier League appear to be dwindling. After Manchester City publicly ended their attempts to sign the Barcelona forward on a massive contract last Friday, neighbours United have now distanced themselves from offering Eto'o an exit from the Nou Camp as well.

It had been suggested that the Red Devils were ready to offer Eto'o wages in the region of £150,000-a-week to bolster their striking options, memories still fresh of his opening goal against them in last season's UEFA Champions League final. However, while there will be no public statement on the speculation from Old Trafford, senior figures at United have distanced themselves from such talk.

Thoughts of a bid for the Cameroon talent have already been rejected, with Sir Alex Ferguson happy to look elsewhere if, as is believed, he wants further attacking options notwithstanding the shock capture of Michael Owen, who will be officially unveiled tomorrow.

It leaves Eto'o in a quandary, given City made it perfectly clear on Friday their announcement was not a game of brinkmanship aimed at securing the marquee signing they are known to be keen on.

In demanding half of an estimated £18m transfer fee City had agreed to pay Barcelona, Eto'o said he would remain in Catalonia for the final year of his contract before leaving for nothing. Without a further intervention, the 28-year-old looks likely to do just that.

Not that such a scenario sits easily with Barcelona, who are keen to complete a deal with Valencia for David Villa, but are seeking to offload Eto'o first.

Ironically, Villa's insistence on remaining in Spain, rather than join Chelsea, as John Terry believed was probable in the spring, is one of the reasons given for the England captain's willingness to, at the very least, talk to the Eastlands side, who are due to leave for South Africa on Wednesday, a day before United head to the Far East for a four-match tour.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/clubfootball/news/newsid=1080679.html?cid=rssfeed&att=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/clubf ... sfeed&att=</a>

simon23 said:
marco said:

tevez i thinnk we will get......but eto'o deal looks dead in the water and terry is 50-50
tevez- looking better every day should sign mon/tue
eto- far from dead if anything ther is more life in this deal than before we withdrawn interest,united are not interested despite whatever the tabloids say,eto and barca stand to lose a lot of money,i think he will sign this week
terry- sorry no smoke without fire,i expect him to put in a transfer request on mon,his relationship with chelsea is now at an end too much damage done,city player by fri

(IMO)

that piece about utd not being interested gives us the merest hope. by withdrawing our offer, perhaps we've shown that his bargaining position is not as strong as he made out. it seemed a little odd to me that his agent appeared to be talking up a transfer to rags when they had plainly stated they were not going for over 26's. if the thought of utd nicking him made some of us panic a bit, maybe that was the idea, and we've called his bluff. still, that's only a flimsy theory, and the official line is pretty clear.

MyNameIs Samuel Eto'o said:
Hi it is Samuel Eto'o I want to move to City because you will soon be the greatest club in the world ever.

Hmmmm... I think I have a write to be a bit sceptic here...

marco said:
simon23 said:
marco said:

tevez- looking better every day should sign mon/tue
eto- far from dead if anything ther is more life in this deal than before we withdrawn interest,united are not interested despite whatever the tabloids say,eto and barca stand to lose a lot of money,i think he will sign this week
terry- sorry no smoke without fire,i expect him to put in a transfer request on mon,his relationship with chelsea is now at an end too much damage done,city player by fri

(IMO)

fair points mate...hope you are correct...especially on the eto'o deal

id be more confident if spursmad came on and gave us some real upto date info

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.