Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

BibbyBlue85 said:
Dobsy87 said:
nickson71 said:
Anyhow is it possible to take this thread back on topic as having 2 hysterical thread about RSC is a bit much

Ok, I submit the following conspiracy theory. Our strikers are now RSC, Bellamy, Bojinov with Tevez a target. Left wing is covered by Petrov and Robinho, right wing by SWP and Elano. One strikers role for four players therefore, UNLESS: The plan is to play Tevez, if we get him, as a right wing-forward, ahead of SWP. In that case Elano would move out, most probably to Inter Milan. Which leaves us with two players for every one of three forward positions, plus an extra forward.

In short, where would Samuel Eto'o fit in? I know you'll say "he'd be the number one" but that would surely mean that one of Bellamy (just signed) or Bojinov (just reassured of his future) would move out. Therefore, this thread is dead to me. Goodbye.

Ooooh Get you *in a camp voice*

Somebody is rather pissed off today. Its all about having a squad, yes Eto'o would be number 1 but he will be away in January for the African Nations Cup so your beloved bellamy and bojinov would fill in when needed

FFS *shakes head*
bellamy has come out and said he will gladly step down when better players come in, that day might be coming sooner than he thought. anyway ive always thought he was bought more for his winning mentality than for his long term ist team starting place!

g180aj said:
the bottom line is mh wants eto'o

eto'o wants loads of money

city have loads of money

there's only one possible outcome and it ends in eto'o wearing sky blue next season
Eto'o signs for Coventry?.

wrongun73 said:
bellamy has come out and said he will gladly step down when better players come in, that day might be coming sooner than he thought. anyway ive always thought he was bought more for his winning mentality than for his long term ist team starting place!

Also with his pace he would be a great impact sub if fit.

simon23 said:
id say that the signing of RSC means we will not be getting eto'o....for what ever reason (ie too high wage demands, doesnt want to come etc etc)........

personally the 18m that we are going to fork out for this average forward would have paid eto's wages for a few years....that would have been money well spent as he would have raised our profile in africa, pushed us higher up the table than rsc will and the results of which would have been increased income from shirt sales (just for the name alone), a higher league position and possible european qualification......

i will put myself on the line and say now that RSC will NOT make a huge difference to our chances of breaking the top 6

I had hoped that this transfer window would be the one where we would get everything finally sorted in terms of a striker who can really make a difference......seems not unfortunately

Mate.. Is there something wrong with me or are you a complete fucking idiot.

Why would City ever give up the chance to sign Eto'o. We need a world star to get us to the top, a Marquee signing, and we have the best chance of any season to land Eto'o, being that he's got one year left on his contract. Do you really think Hughes is that stupid to say , nahhh we will get RSC instead. Don't be a fucking numpty.

We will try and get all 3. Tevez, RSC and Eto'o. That seems most likely.

10.Goater_Legend said:
g180aj said:
the bottom line is mh wants eto'o

eto'o wants loads of money

city have loads of money

there's only one possible outcome and it ends in eto'o wearing sky blue next season
Eto'o signs for Coventry?.

nice one i almost laughed then

coimbatore blue said:
wrongun73 said:

But, oddly he threw his toys out of the pram when he had to do that at Liverpool for a season.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
coimbatore blue said:
wrongun73 said:

But, oddly he threw his toys out of the pram when he had to do that at Liverpool for a season.

Yes you are right with that point and Hughes will have to deal with those problems next season. But they are good problems to have as it indicates the strength of the squad.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
coimbatore blue said:
wrongun73 said:

thing is though he knows he's getting on a bit now and must also know his injury record is shit.
i reckon hughes told him when he bought him that he would probably end up a bit part player and hes happy to be part of the start of big things

bellamy can be called for what he's done in the past but he cant be called for what he's done for us so far his goals to game ratio is quality

Wouldn't you lose Eto'o in January to the African nations ?

BTW ....... The window opens on the midnight after the last match of the season .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.