Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

This isn't an end to the deal it is a walk away from what we offered. Ie the ball is back in their court and if Barca want this cash now or eto'o wants the money they will have to come to us and probably on better terms. ÃŒt is a common and widely used negotiation tactics and one I have used in most deals or even barters in my life. If you don't walk away you will never get a good deal, remember we walked away from Santa cruz too.

He is just as likely to come today as a week ago and meanwhile we can look elsewhere as well!!

Now also we give.a message to everyone else saying if you are happy with a deal take it don't hang on because it is city!

EalingBlue2 said:
This isn't an end to the deal it is a walk away from what we offered. Ie the ball is back in their court and if Barca want this cash now or eto'o wants the money they will have to come to us and probably on better terms. ÃŒt is a common and widely used negotiation tactics and one I have used in most deals or even barters in my life. If you don't walk away you will never get a good deal, remember we walked away from Santa cruz too.

He is just as likely to come today as a week ago and meanwhile we can look elsewhere as well!!

Now also we give.a message to everyone else saying if you are happy with a deal take it don't hang on because it is city!

This is correct. Although I will say that Eto'o/Barcalona probably has less than 48hrs to come back to us with a feasible solution if they want to conclude this deal.

The club took entirely the correct course of action. Just check my posting history, I've been saying for the longest time that the only way to do business with people and institutions like this is swiftly and aggressively, and although in the short term it may hurt us to miss out on players like Eto'o, it yields far greater benefits in the long run. The next greedy prima donna we deal with will know not to fuck Manchester City around.

Didsbury Dave said:
Brucie Bonus said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Griimble, it hasn't taken you long to get to grips with BM.

Fair play fella
You still here? PMSL. Dave 'A Modest Proposal' Didsbury. How's the new head? Better fit than the one that exploded?

This essay is widely held to be one of the greatest examples of sustained irony in the history of the English language. Much of its shock value derives from the fact that the first portion of the essay describes the plight of starving beggars in Ireland, so that the reader is unprepared for the surprise of Swift's solution when he states, "A young healthy child well nursed, is, at a year old, a most delicious nourishing and wholesome food, whether stewed, roasted, baked, or boiled; and I make no doubt that it will equally serve in a fricassee, or a ragout."

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Modest_Proposal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Modest_Proposal</a>

Sorry matey, you appear to be making no sense at all

*dazed and confused* You been hitting the moonshine again Brucie?

Bunk said:
EalingBlue2 said:

This is correct. Although I will say that Eto'o/Barcalona probably has less than 48hrs to come back to us with a feasible solution if they want to conclude this deal.

The club took entirely the correct course of action. Just check my posting history, I've been saying for the longest time that the only way to do business with people and institutions like this is swiftly and aggressively, and although in the short term it may hurt us to miss out on players like Eto'o, it yields far greater benefits in the long run. The next greedy prima donna we deal with will know not to fuck Manchester City around.

i is the concur. im glad its over. didnt really like having someone playing for citeh whose idea of a dream is playing for the rags.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/07/10/1375425/official-manchester-city-give-up-chase-for-barcelonas-samuel" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2 ... nas-samuel</a>

These people make me spit. The original headline read

"City say no to Eto'o"

Which I thought was pretty positive, but somebody must have pointed out this was a bit pro-City, so now they've changed it to

"Official: Manchester City Give Up Chase For Barcelona's Samuel Eto'o"

Turned the whole thing around, the bastards.

Personally I am slightly relieved that we have walked away from Eto'o!
Very good player that he is I could see trouble in the dressing room from this 'prima dona'
It will be very interesting now to see who is next on our 'clear and strategic' transfer plan!
Life is never dull at MCFC!

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
UAEking said:
GStar said:
UAEking said:
who eto'o yeah ure right if you meant etoo screw him, I realy didnt see a reason why would buy him anyways.

Haha, they say ignorance is bliss!

We'd sign him because he's one of the best at what he does, score goals and win matches.

Well etoo is fantastic yes nobody denied that, but heres a thing, when you watch barca's season highlights you would notice that eto'o would score 36 and miss 40.Thats becuase his composure is not that good.

He also would come here only to play for the money, he might score against teams ala blackburn and bolton but not against top teams.

He also seems to have problems with english teams, he only scored one goal against an english team and that was the rags.

We need someone who would play his heart out for the club, not just get payed and do nothing.

Cheers.

Simples.......... shut the fuck up borat.

That can be seen as a racist remark ZZ. Absolutley no need!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.