OFFICIAL DEADLINE DAY THREAD!!!!

i remember garry cook saying there will be a few suprises in this window! Ive not been suprised about any!

And here is the first dummy spitter.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=107588" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=10&t=107588</a>

moomba said:
svennis pennis said:
I can see posts blaming Hughes for his 'ambition' as well.

I think it's reasonable to question Hughes over our signings this window. Gary Cooke talked about the need for him to move out of his comfort zone when it comes to transfer targets, there has been precious little evidence of him doing that this window.

come on moomba, we were in for Kaka. We have clearly tried to do the big signing, it was never going to happen this window. So Hughes has got in some good solid players to cover positions we drastically needed improvement in.

We've gotten a world class keeper.
A decent left back.
A defensive midfielder which frees up Vinny to go to centre back. Where we now have 4 solid options. We don't need another
Found Zab is a class midfielder, which gives us more strength in depth.
Bellamy who is a hungry proven goalscorer and gives us an added dimension of lightning quick pace upfront.

Plus added to this we have Petty, Boj and Johnson to come back in and we have a hungry squad, all challenging for places.

He is building a good squad.

sdavros said:
We were never going to get one of those in this window. Hughes' ambition is fairly obvious, build progressively towards a side capable of breaking the top 4. I like the way he is going about his job. He is a good sensible manager. This was a good sensible window.

I am not knocking his approach, but might another approach not have been to buy loads of great players all in one fell swoop and get on with it?

I mean, why does it have to be a long hard road that takes years? Surely you could throw 2 or 3 hundred million at it and win the Premiership next season? I don't get this steady building 10 year program stuff. "building progressively towards a side capable of breaking into the top 4???" Jeez didn't we have that ambition 17 months ago already?

Chelsea were not much better a side than us and in 1 or 2 seasons they won the premiership. Why do we have to take years?

Ireland_for_pm said:
i remember garry cook saying there will be a few suprises in this window! Ive not been suprised about any!

Gary cook has some explaining to do -if he was any good at his job he would not have said that comment - he is a bit of a muppet i think

Chippy_boy said:
sdavros said:
We were never going to get one of those in this window. Hughes' ambition is fairly obvious, build progressively towards a side capable of breaking the top 4. I like the way he is going about his job. He is a good sensible manager. This was a good sensible window.

I am not knocking his approach, but might another approach not have been to buy loads of great players all in one fell swoop and get on with it?

I mean, why does it have to be a long hard road that takes years? Surely you could throw 2 or 3 hundred million at it and win the Premiership next season? I don't get this steady building 10 year program stuff. "building progressively towards a side capable of breaking into the top 4???" Jeez didn't we have that ambition 17 months ago already?

Chelsea were not much better a side than us and in 1 or 2 seasons they won the premiership. Why do we have to take years?

100% agree, but you'll get slated on here for that opinion because too many fans have small club mentality still.

shaundickov said:
Chippy_boy said:
sdavros said:

100% agree, but you'll get slated on here for that opinion because too many fans have small club mentality still.

Did we not try to sign kaka ? not sure many small clubs could try and pull that off.

Ireland_for_pm said:

I think the only supprise will be for the owners having spent over 350 mill and have a premeirship club that wont of progressed in a year.
Looks as though the pressure will be really on Hughes and the squad for the rest of the season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.