OFFICIAL DEADLINE DAY THREAD!!!!

bizzbo said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Chippy_boy said:
sdavros said:
?

Chelsea were not much better a side than us and in 1 or 2 seasons they won the premiership. Why do we have to take years?

Weren't Chelsea already a Champions League team? I may be wrong about that but I do think we are quite a way off the point that they were when they started the big spending.

when abramovich brought chelsea in 2003, the had finished in the top 6th EVERY season from 96/97, and in the same time won the league cup once, won the FA cup twice (beaten finalists once) and won the cup winners cup.

what have we done in the last 8 years?

Sounds like the press who think that we aren't good enough to bid for top quality players. We have a serious inferiority complex.

moomba said:
bizzbo said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Chippy_boy said:
Weren't Chelsea already a Champions League team? I may be wrong about that but I do think we are quite a way off the point that they were when they started the big spending.

when abramovich brought chelsea in 2003, the had finished in the top 6th EVERY season from 96/97, and in the same time won the league cup once, won the FA cup twice (beaten finalists once) and won the cup winners cup.

what have we done in the last 8 years?

Sounds like the press who think that we aren't good enough to bid for top quality players. We have a serious inferiority complex.

we can and have bid for them but they won't come

They obviously think that private jets only come in from abroad!!!!

Bearing in mind city medical takes two hours means only two hours 12 mins to sort out any players otherwise won't complete medical in time. Having said that it didn't worry city signing Robbie without one.

Sky UNDERSTANDS that by using the word UNDERSTANDS you can make it sound like things that aren't necessarily true are definitely true.

vincent said:
shaundickov said:
Chippy_boy said:
sdavros said:
We were never going to get one of those in this window. Hughes' ambition is fairly obvious, build progressively towards a side capable of breaking the top 4. I like the way he is going about his job. He is a good sensible manager. This was a good sensible window.

I am not knocking his approach, but might another approach not have been to buy loads of great players all in one fell swoop and get on with it?

I mean, why does it have to be a long hard road that takes years? Surely you could throw 2 or 3 hundred million at it and win the Premiership next season? I don't get this steady building 10 year program stuff. "building progressively towards a side capable of breaking into the top 4???" Jeez didn't we have that ambition 17 months ago already?

Chelsea were not much better a side than us and in 1 or 2 seasons they won the premiership. Why do we have to take years?

100% agree, but you'll get slated on here for that opinion because too many fans have small club mentality still.

Did we not try to sign kaka ? not sure many small clubs could try and pull that off.

I've just encountered a new level of idiot.

I said too many FANS have small club mentality:

"we need to build slowly"
"we shouldn't be going for the likes of aguero, messi, villa yet"
etc etc.

The club has AMBITION and a BIG CLUB mentality. Hence the Kaka bid.

My god you're a idiot.

sdavros said:
we can and have bid for them but they won't come

Of course they will, we have a lot to offer.

BTW I'm not talking about big name signings, just top quality signings.

moomba said:

realism, dear heart. we can go on and achieve much more, but we don't have the benefit of a winning culture and a squad that has already proven themselves.

OK guys keep your hair on. I asked a question that's all. I hadn't remembered Chelsea being so far ahead of us when Abramovic took over.

Still think we could have bought more than we have done in this window though (if it stays as it is). We are woefully lacking in depth pretty much across the board imho. I mean when the team came out againts Stoke I thought we were playing pretty much our strongest side. It was not obvious who you could bring off to improve things was it. Elano coming on made a difference, but when we have to bring Caceido on to try to change the game, it shows how short on quality players we really are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.