Official Manchester City vs Arsenal Matchday Thread

Given - best keeper in the prem.

Richards - back to his best.
Bridge - solid start to the season.
Toure - great start to his city career.
Lescott - giant, going to be a rock for us.

De Jong - unlucky to be out of the side.
Barry - class in a glass.
Ireland - is superman, back to his favourite position.
SWP - fine start to the season.
Bellamy - speed, enthusiasm and a quality player.

Adebayor - 3 in 3. Goals are a bonus he is the real deal.

Without Robbie and Tevez for a showcase game is a blow, we will miss them, but on a positive note it gives superman the chance to play off Adebayor with NDJ and Barry behind him, I reckon we will get a win, it won't be a classic so soon after the international break but hey 3 points is 3 points, Diaby og.

If Lescott plays, City 1-3 Arsenal as he is right off form and does not seem to have recovered from the 6-1 mauling by Arsenal on the opening day of the season. Fortunately, I think we will bounce back with a 1-0 victory at Old Trafford...such is City life.

citizens_1976 said:
PowderBlue said:
Where you puttin Petrov and bellers then? If NDJ plays then we are looking at 4-1-3-2, with bellers playing off Ade?

I would also like to see, with that formation, SWP staying wide, and if he cant get some decent crosses in get Weiss on in the second half.
4-1-3-2?

Robinho and Tevez are injured, what's the point in changing our formation, we want to win the game not draw it. Petrov in for Robinho, Bellamy in for Tevez, sorted.

My point is, if NDJ plays, which some think he will, to break up Arses front line, then the formation will change. Where will SWP and Barry fit in if Petrov and Bellers play?

....................given....................
zaba.....toure....lescott.....bridge(sylvinho 45th min)

..........de jong......barry..............
...................ireland...................
swp.................................petrov
.................adebayor.................

lionheart said:
If Lescott plays, City 1-3 Arsenal as he is right off form and does not seem to have recovered from the 6-1 mauling by Arsenal on the opening day of the season. Fortunately, I think we will bounce back with a 1-0 victory at Old Trafford...such is City life.

What do you base that on mate ? I've seen him play 2 full games for us and he looked fine.Not great but ok.

keemcfc said:
....................given....................
zaba.....toure....lescott.....bridge(sylvinho 45th min)

..........de jong......barry..............
...................ireland...................
swp.................................petrov
.................adebayor.................

So no Robbie - you beleive the injury story or think we should drop him at home?

With Tevez out i am hoping we go with the following line up barring anymore injuries ( touch wood ).

GK-Given

RB-Nedum
RCB-Toure
LCB-Lescott
LB-Bridge

RCM-Ireland
DM- De Jong
LCM-Barry

RS-Swp/Weiss
ST-Adebayor
LS- Robinho.

Will be a tight game this one and can see there being a lot of goals at both ends. I will go for an exciting 2-2.

Binho and Ade to score.

vincent said:
lionheart said:

What do you base that on mate ? I've seen him play 2 full games for us and he looked fine.Not great but ok.
He was poor for England and made several sloppy passes in the game at Pompey. He will come good but it may take him a few weeks.

Just to document it I had a dream that Ireland volleyed it, it wasn't the cleanest of strikes but it deflected and wrong footed Almunia. We went on to destroy them but I can't remember who else scored.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.