Official Manchester City vs Arsenal Matchday Thread

I dont know about this one, seems alot of us are being overly confident. As far as teams and players go it seems fairly even, i could really see this going either way. If we throw caution to the wind and just all out attack then i think we could get hit on the counter, and same for them. hmmmm this is hard, i think if we score first than we have good chances, but if they score first then they have the upper hand.

prediction 2-0 to who scores first.

Arsenal Fan said:
Comparing the two teams

Given > Almunia

Sagna > Richards
Gallas >>>>>>>> Toure
Lescott > Vermaelen (For now)
Clichy > Bridge

De Jong > Song
Rosicky > Barry
Cesc > Ireland

Arshavin > Robinho
Eduardo > Adebayor
Tevez > Van Persie

Not sure I agree with your ratings here, for me its:-

Given > Almunia

Sagna > Richards
Gallas = Toure
Lescott > Vermaelen
Clichy > Bridge

De Jong > Song
Rosicky = Barry (different types of player, but Barry has been great for us so far, and Rosicky hasn't played for about 600 years)
Cesc > Ireland (I'm hesitant on putting an "=" here, cesc is excellent, but I don't think the difference between him and Ireland is all that great, Ireland is becoming the fulcrum of our side and has been a revelation)

Arshavin > Robinho
Adebayor >>> Eduardo (Adebayor has been excellent so far, and if ever there was a game he'd be "up" for it's this one. I don't rate Eduardo all that much)
Van Persie > Tevez (You'll get more effort from Tevez, but Van Persie is a better overall player for me).

n_mcfc said:
I'm extremely confident. Their biggest threat is Arshavin and he's up against Richards. The main types of players that Micah get's made a fool by are fast tricky wingers, like the one off Palace, Ronaldo and the SWP's/Lennon's of this world. Arshavin is a class player but even he's said he isn't a left sided player. After 10 minutes with Micah and a few hits and hard tackles to piss Wenger off, he wont be interested, espeically if Arsenal have to work for the ball which, so far, every team we've played against has been forced to do.

As long as that idiot Gallas is still playing at Arsenal, they'll win feck all. He's just comedy gold. He managed to fuck up a whole dressing room of talent, cost Arsenal the title and forced players out. Arsenal might think that they've struck gold by getting rid of Adebayor and Toure but those 2 were desperate to leave that club! The team is full of ego's and it's actually unreal how the team, club and manager can't handle defeat or criticism, yet proclaim they have a devine right to win things because they play 'beautiful' football.

Big game this! Can't wait! It'll be interesting to see whether Hughes feels Robinho will suit the game and whether De Jong will be back.

Interesting post.

Gallas hasn't always been questionable defensively though. Still France's first choice centre back which is quite significant due to the amount of talent France have defensively. Like you say perhaps the upset in the dressing room (mostly caused by him) has had an effect on his game.

Overall I'm really looking forward to this game, and if we win I think it will be a defining moment this season.

.......................................Given
..........Richards...........Toure.........Lescott........Bridge
.........SWP.................Ireland........Animal..........Barry
..........................................Tevez
................................Adebayor
Bet that's not far off,Zab might even be in for SWP.

huge game for us lot. in terms of how far we have come and we can also compare our performance to uniteds against arsenal aswell. really big couple of weeks for us. if and thats a big if we can get full points out of the next 2 games im predicting big, big things.

davymcfc said:
huge game for us lot. in terms of how far we have come and we can also compare our performance to uniteds against arsenal aswell. really big couple of weeks for us. if and thats a big if we can get full points out of the next 2 games im predicting big, big things.

I agree with this. IF we take 6 points, I'll be round the bookies putting £20 on us winning the Prem. Early days or not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.