Official Match Thread: Manchester City vs Aston Villa Fa Cup

I don't see any pace in the team chosen tonight (though admittedly there isn't a lot in the squad) to worry Dunne and co. Lets hope that Ballotelli is focused tonight or it could be a long night.

Blu KB said:
niall_mcfc said:
Does Mancini want to win this competition? I know we have had a lot of games recently but thats his fault by thinking weakened teams can win the cup games and then ending up playing a replay. Wouldnt suprise me tonight if we draw and then he moans again that the team are tired. The players are paid £100,000 a week and they cant play 3 times in 8 days? What a joke, put the best team out and then if we have the game wrapped up you can take them off instead of having to chuck Tevez on in the 2nd half because we are 1-0 down.

Say we put our absolute strongest team out then on sat we struggle and lose because we are knackered?

sat is more important than tonight regardless

No its not. We have a maximum of 2 games to beat Villa where would have had 38 to get a champions league spot. We need to win a trophy and get that winning mentality that Mancini bangs on about. We wont get that by finishing 4th and winning no trophies.

On saturday we are playing a very poor side who are coming here to play football and win. They wont settle for a point because they need to win. Villa are a lot better and they wont mind a draw and a replay. We should field our strongest side in every game possible and if Mancini thinks that the squad is too small guess what, dont loan players out or bring new ones in. Ok he wasnt expecting AJ to get injured but the window was still open to bring someone in but he didnt and dont give me the shit of there was no-one available or the right player wasnt available because we all know every play has a price. We could of got a decent player who would do a job but he decided to get nobody and then moan about it.

Ragnarok said:
benCTID said:
I fear the worst.

Defence and attack are fine enough , the midfield is a bit dodgy , but i think it will be sufficient

Are you being serious? - where are the Goals in that side?

Very upset with this selection. We can have a rest at weekend when we play Wigan ( nil) at home!!!

King Kev has predicted City to win the Cup!<br /><br />-- Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:09 pm --<br /><br />we're better with Dzeko and Tevez on the bench, they're knackered.

TBF it could work and we may be eating our words but this is why I question Mancini.

Mourinho when he 1st started at Chelsea went full out with his strongest team in the league cup. I'm guessing he realized that even a ''lower'' trophy like the league cup will at least give the club the feeling of winning trophy's as well as proving he could win things.

I hope Mancini proves me wrong tonight because I see no creativity in the midfield.

ifiwasarichfan said:
Ragnarok said:
Defence and attack are fine enough , the midfield is a bit dodgy , but i think it will be sufficient

Are you being serious? - where are the Goals in that side?

Very upset with this selection. We can have a rest at weekend when we play Wigan ( nil) at home!!!

Where are the goals? Balotelli's hardly goal shy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.