Official Match Thread - west ham v city

modgeblue said:
Gwil said:
Ah yes, standard Bluemoon melodrama. Predominantly from those who've been supporting us for about 5 mins.
We were good for a point today. We ran things in the second half and their goal came from a break and a (very rare) error from Given.
Cue hysteric replies...

Bollox . listened to gmr fred ayer said we havent troubled robert green an that after 70 mins is he a bluemoon melodramatist
to why can fans come on here and critasise the teams performance without being slagged off

if your happy with our away performances then fair enough but other fans arnt !!

What about that Robinho flick in the first half? That seemed to 'trouble' Green. In all honesty we had a shedload of chances and dictated play in the second half. West Ham fans will feel very fortunate coming out of there with 3 points. This wasn't an inept performance in the Pompey mould.
The fact is, I've seen a huge improvement in the last fortnight and know that, despite this, it's going to be the standard slating in the papers tomorrow. I'm sick of hearing negativity without any constructive criticism behind it.

mackenzie said:
sboroMCFC said:
Sorry but how can you just say its a bad day at the office and we were unlucky? We have won one away match all season and that was in August FFS!

Our away form is very poor, no doubt about that. But recent performances on the whole have smacked of very definite progress.

How do you work that out? Our last 4 away matches...Stoke 1-0 City, Portsmouth 2-0 City, Liverpool 1-1 City and West Ham 1-0 City. Hardly an improvement! We have got the players to be beating these sides away from home, we just don't have the organisation or tactical ability to do so. If we are happy with just going and putting up a fight then we might as well go support Bolton!

sboroMCFC said:
mackenzie said:
sboroMCFC said:
Sorry but how can you just say its a bad day at the office and we were unlucky? We have won one away match all season and that was in August FFS!

Our away form is very poor, no doubt about that. But recent performances on the whole have smacked of very definite progress.

How do you work that out? Our last 4 away matches...Stoke 1-0 City, Portsmouth 2-0 City, Liverpool 1-1 City and West Ham 1-0 City. Hardly an improvement! We have got the players to be beating these sides away from home, we just don't have the organisation or tactical ability to do so. If we are happy with just going and putting up a fight then we might as well go support Bolton!

All those matches were away. I DID say our away form was bad.

the facts are. we lost. away. again. and ive been supporting city or a lot longer than five minutes let me tell you. no shape. passing awful. brings boj on with 2 mins left. i not saying hughes out but he knows how to wind me up. clueless away from home. players and manager. forget about the liverpool result. its the next game and then the next that matters. thats how the teams that win things think. i hate it when people say oh well typical city. we played alright. never mind we,ll live. bollocks to that. I WANT US TO WIN EVER EFFIN GAME for the rest of my life and i hate it when i know how well we can play whch is a lot better than our away performances show. our away performances are simply not good enough.

A team with one tactic and one vague shape is what we are, with a manager who is completly clueless that different teams do not all play the same style.

The line up against Liverpool was suited to the way they play, more by accident than design because thats all Hughes knows, today the same line up was tried against a team who dont play narrow, west ham play short sharpe passing through a defence, instead of liverpools long balls across to the open side.

It was not a failure of the players, it was yet another example of Hughes complete lack of common sense in the basic`s, the best players in the world can not compensate for being in the wrong place at the wrong time thanks to his clueless one unflexable tactic

Nothinh away since August.
Im far past saying "Yeah but we were just unlucky"
had enough. Not good enough no matter what anybody says.
HAD.ENOUGH.

Well this cheered me up.
<a class="postlink" href="http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o114/halfpenny_2007/epicwin-1.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o114 ... cwin-1.png</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.