Official MatchDay Thread | Manchester City v Blackburn

citymad said:
haller said:
well, practically every supporter spoke there minds about every other manager there's been while they've been a fan, so why shouldn't we speak our minds about mancini?

say what you want citymad, it's your entitlement.

Trouble is I hate to be thought of as negative. my concern is that were not using our attacking options in the right way. just because Rovers play rough and tough doesn't mean we have to play like for like. I'd like us to have used Silva earlier thats all.

Well to me your not, your just voicing your concern.

Samba and Robinson were the reason today that made sure we didn't storm it and on another day we probably would have scored about 7. Just one of them days were we came up against a stubborn Robinson and Samba having a good day.
Really hated Clattenburg with a passion he isn't fit to referee. We also arguably had half a first team not playing in De jong, Boateng, Kolarov, Balotelli, Adebayor and Barry starting on the bench and i will also put Silva in there, we wasn't to bad at times. Let's just hope that Hart doesn't muck up like that too often.

citymad said:
haller said:
well, practically every supporter spoke there minds about every other manager there's been while they've been a fan, so why shouldn't we speak our minds about mancini?

say what you want citymad, it's your entitlement.

Trouble is I hate to be thought of as negative. my concern is that were not using our attacking options in the right way. just because Rovers play rough and tough doesn't mean we have to play like for like. I'd like us to have used Silva earlier thats all.
Being constructively critical isn't being negative - we are not stupid as fans. Ive been going since 77 and feel i know a thing or 2......there is simply no reason not to play Silva....he's not injured, not tired, i think he's just bloody bored..........

PaleBlue said:
Cheesy said:
It's the usual suspects. The good news is that most of them won't post again until the next match & when we win they won't post at all :-)

Always had you down as a level headed guy Cheesy, anyone who gets paid to sit in an F-4 must be doing something right :) Surprised you'd get so upset about criticism, were you well pleased with that shite first half then? Was a point at home against Blackburn a good result in your opinion?

No mate, it's a disappointing result. What I take objection to is some of the over-reaction. A disgrace, Mancini should go, etc, etc...

I think at home we really need to be running a 3-4-3, or atleast a 4-3-3, especially to opponents like Blackburn. Okay, to be fair, that probably wouldn't have worked out today since most of our forwards are injured, but Mancini really needs to step away from the defensive formations. We have the talent necessary to play good, attack-minded football, so why not atleast give it a go, and see how it works out?

Tevez was pretty good today, too bad his finishing wasn't there, but since he has that injury (however minor it may be), I'll forgive him just this once.
Jo wasn't too bad, he was decent for playing his first competitive game for the club in almost 2 years, but I really wish Adebayor was fit enough to play today--he really could have made something out of those 1-on-1 chances.

Just couldn't make our possession in the second half count.

Brain fade by Toure and Hart cost us a goal when we should have gone in on level terms at half time.

Clearly a penalty that most refs would have given but all in all a disappointing result to say the least.

Mid table results so far and mid table performances to date.

Lets hope for some improved results in the weeks ahead we certainly need them if we are to begin to justify the position a side with this expenditure should be capable of achieving.

I know its early days but I am a bit concerned already that this may be another one of those years when the results fall well short of the hype.

depps said:
Neil McNab said:
Little up front, poor in the middle and still the clown at the back, wow it's depressing. Couldn't give a shit to be honest, my expectations were tempered with some of our signings so I'm not getting too pissed off at this. As far as I'm concerned we're a long way off from troubling the top 4 and will be for some time.

Really? How do you make that out?

We were one game away from finishing fourth last season, are currently level on points with the team that finished there (having already played them away from home) and at the end of the weekend we will be at most 3 points outside the top four.
So are half the league, we're going backwards under this clown, if you think our current form is going to keep us in the chase for very long you're deluded. If you think Mancini's building a team of note your'e blind, the man is a moron!

Cheesy said:
PaleBlue said:
Always had you down as a level headed guy Cheesy, anyone who gets paid to sit in an F-4 must be doing something right :) Surprised you'd get so upset about criticism, were you well pleased with that shite first half then? Was a point at home against Blackburn a good result in your opinion?

No mate, it's a disappointing result. What I take objection to is some of the over-reaction. A disgrace, Mancini should go, etc, etc...
It's not an over reaction Cheesy - tell me.....what has changed since Mancini blew last season with negative tactics at Arsenal [who were on the floor at the time] 0-0....Liverpool home [also team in crisis at time] 0-0...spurs at home 0-1......Shite home 0-1.....there is a pattern...it's consistent ..........and it's here this season THAT is the problem with mancini..............

Cheesy said:
PaleBlue said:

That's there choice, it was done with hughes and many managers beforehand, nothing you can do about it at all, unless you spit your dummy out over it and remove the posts.

Looking forward. We have Salzburg on Thursday. We should win that. But we can't get complacent, they are champions of their respective league, that must go to mean something.

Then we go to Wigan in the PL. We should get 3 points there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.