Official MatchDay Thread | Manchester City v Blackburn

There really is no point playing high balls up to the front men. Blackburn will pick them off all day long. And if we can't play through them because they're crowding the box then we should shoot from distance sometimes keeping it down and get players running in for the rebound. You can't always walk it into the net. Sometimes you have to gamble on getting a bit of luck.

The atmos seems very subdued too. Can't recall hearing any chanting at all during that first half. Just a continuous low babble like during the interval at the theatre.

Griff93 said:
Ragnarok said:
Its all about the results mate , we cant risk anything at this stage given the huge pressure upon Mancini and the team to win something this season.Maybe Hart is better than Given in some areas..but Given is a hugely experienced keeper and i cant see him making a mistake like Hart did.

It was Toure's fault! Did you see the Tottenham game where Hart got us a point? Or were you waiting for the Rags to play Newcastle on the Monday? Stick by him, Hart has a tremendous character and this won't bother him in the slightest he will get back out there and perform superbly as usual.

Sorry, but it was Hart's fault. 100%.

Plenty of time left, and hopefully Mancini will get his message across during halftime. But I agree, something needs to change--45 minutes of the same means we lose the match and 3 easy points.

Blackburn's attack is a joke, and their defending is weak as well--we should be running a 3-4-3, or a 3-4-2-1, or some other attack-minded formation, not this junk Mancini is running.

K.Reeves right foot said:
Right guys, watching in my sick bed on me laptop hence not at the game and here's my thoughts.

I've just watched 45 minutes of abject, clueless football. This is my opinion as I see it. An opposition manager must love our style of play which is slow, one paced and always infront of the opposition defence. Too easy to defend against for even the lesser teams. No thrust from midfield, no pace down the flanks except Johnson twice. Tevez is far too deep and playing like a headless chicken trying to do everything and ends up doing nothing. No striker [a striker being a player in the area]....
What depresses me is that we are at home, against an ordinary side. We have spent hundreds of milions of pounds and guys......the worst thing is....this team is NOT as good as last seasons......admitedly players are out but i'm not confident in the slightest Mancini can rectify it in the second half........remains to be seen but i fear a loss by more than 1 goal. Blackburn are confident....they are a team [shite and too physical] but they ARE a team.....we are a bunch of strangers..............this isn't the first game its 5 weeks into the season....where's the cohesion? interp;lay between defence-midfield and attack? These are the basics and sadly they are simply not there..........

Attack me if you like.,,,,i say as i see.....yes i'm a not a fan of Mancini at all - never have been - but i'll always hope.....yet my fears for his style of play are starkingly laid before me as I watch and it's not condusive to winning football......it's dire to be honest................

you will get slated for that but i for one agree with you

peacefrog said:
There really is no point playing high balls up to the front men. Blackburn will pick them off all day long. And if we can't play through them because they're crowding the box then we should shoot from distance sometimes keeping it down and get players running in for the rebound. You can't always walk it into the net. Sometimes you have to gamble on getting a bit of luck.

The atmos seems very subdued too. Can't recall hearing any chanting at all during that first half. Just a continuous low babble like during the interval at the theatre.

A good big striker doesnt only head the ball though, more crucial would be to have a target man that can hold up the ball in and around the box.

hgblue said:
Griff93 said:
It was Toure's fault! Did you see the Tottenham game where Hart got us a point? Or were you waiting for the Rags to play Newcastle on the Monday? Stick by him, Hart has a tremendous character and this won't bother him in the slightest he will get back out there and perform superbly as usual.

Sorry, but it was Hart's fault. 100%.

I disagree, Toure could have headed it out but ducked under it.

Take a deep breath - one goalkeeping mistake and one bounce or two away from being in a comfortable lead... As Mark Hughes said, we're asking lots of questions. Sooner or later Blackburn will answer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.