Official Rags v The Team from Manchester thread

Boring game for me that. Couldn't see us doing much before and after the substitutions. I don't really balme Hughes for it either. He had to pick the starting 11 which he did as we've been playing very well for the last 3-4 weeks. In the first half, our system was too easy to play against and we ended up 2-0 down. Caicedo was doing well and holding up the ball but had no support, which made me question whether Hughes would push Robinho up top, take off Elano and bring on Petrov and switch Ireland to the right and go 4-4-2. He didn't and we didn't really do much all game. That's my only problem with Hughes...I think he should of gone 4-4-2, apart from that, it was as expected, we were beaten by a team who, not neccessarily wanted to win more than us, were just out and out better than us in every department. Our most effective players didn't show up today in Ireland, Robinho and Elano, and De Jong and Kompany were covering the wings too much to help our weak attacks.

Basically, our system doesn't suit a team playing away from home as it's too easy to break down and lacks fire power up top. Unless we play effective counter attacking football, i.e. Everton game, then it's no wonder we've hardly won away from home. Today was just a bit blah, no real threat from us and a real lack of quality.

Top and bottom of it is that City ain't good enough. Every time we get in the position of achieving something i.e 7th spot we shoot ourselves in the foot some fans call it typical city. Ireland was poor today and yet has been good all season. I just wish prior to big matches like these our players had a complete ban on talking to the media. Finally 7th spot is not the ee all and end all of the season and I think it may be a blessing in disguise if we don't get it. Right off for a beer no doubt we will have blue on blue and an infestation of rags see you all next week.

can't remember a more low key derby than that,even the rags seemed disinterested,had more than an end of season feel to it.if we had more urgency instead of having to stop the ball first,take unnecessary touches,pass sideways more than forward we might have got something but i doubt it.roll on the summer,hopefully we can entice decent players but i don't think we'll be in europe next season.

Plain to see we've got dog shit players all over the park in almost every position. 8 new players? Try 11.

vbr said:
Plain to see we've got dog shit players all over the park in almost every position. 8 new players? Try 11.

Clowns like you & Rammyblues etc is whats wrong with this club. The difference between the teams was there cutting edge and for once we didn't gift them goals.

We actually had probably more possession than any derby I can remember, but lacked the final cutting edge, because we don't have good enough players in that position.

All you people who want Superstars in every position, should remember that the players who carry them rags through are the Fletcher's, O'Shea's, Park's, Carrick's etc

Today was the first time since I have been supporting (1982) City I felt we actually had players out there who where comfortable in the surroundings and wanted to pass the ball.

Believe me when I say we are 4/5 players off a top 4 finish next season. When baconface comes out and says its a horrible game, you know he really means it was difficult for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.