Official Rags v The Team from Manchester thread

blue 1992 said:
I think the next to games are a must win if we want to get 7th. Wasn't urgency today for a derby game which is unusual. Anyone still think we'll get 7th?

Fulham will finish 7th, played very well on Saturday, just hope Spurs don't get it.

blue 1992 said:
I think the next to games are a must win if we want to get 7th. Wasn't urgency today for a derby game which is unusual. Anyone still think we'll get 7th?

no (infact i thought it was as good as gone after the fulham game), but you never know. if we beat tottenham then it comes down to fulham messing up both games, IMO

skybluekings said:
2 Defensive midfielders = No creativity.

Well what do you expect goin away to them. I doubt you were complaining when Hughes played two defensive midfielders at Everton. Hughes picked the right team but key players just did not perform.

bizzbo said:
GJF said:
skybluekings said:
2 Defensive midfielders = No creativity.

hang on this was the same team that won the last 3 matches...and scored 9 goals!

and the difference was.......

the opponents scored first this time. once their fullbacks stayed back we were going nowhere.

true...but I would actually put it down to the fact that the last few matches we have played reasonably well, but today we just looked flat again; even before the first goal.

bizzbo said:
RobinJo said:
GoForGlory said:
Cheesy said:
Something is very wrong. I just didn't get any buzz out of a derby game today. I don't think that's ever happened before.

I don't know what it is...the weather?? Fuck knows but the feel wasn't quite there I agree.

same feeling i got from the home fixture. total anti-climax, not remotely interesting.

Probably because we knew we'd lose beforehand and looked like losing when we started then ended up losing without too much of a fight...?

We were well beaten by a great team but we did ok in the 2nd half but the game was lost by then. But the next two games are against inferior opposition and we still have a good chance of finishing 7th. But we're never going to compete with the top 4 regularly until we get a decent striker. Our only width and threat comes from the left and we need more balance and some more quality players.

But we knew all that before so never mind, life goes on and we are getting there in the bigger picture!

Poor first half but defended a lot better second , we just need a top draw CF. Awful deflection but hardle saw Given in 2nd half. Like the home team at times.
Tranny's hissy fit was fukin mint as genuine as a soap opera, he's orchestrating his move away early this year

I don't know what it is...the weather?? Fuck knows but the feel wasn't quite there I agree.[/quote][/quote]

same feeling i got from the home fixture. total anti-climax, not remotely interesting.[/quote]

Probably because we knew we'd lose beforehand and looked like losing when we started then ended up losing without too much of a fight...?

We were well beaten by a great team but we did ok in the 2nd half but the game was lost by then. But the next two games are against inferior opposition and we still have a good chance of finishing 7th. But we're never going to compete with the top 4 regularly until we get a decent striker. Our only width and threat comes from the left and we need more balance and some more quality players.

But we knew all that before so never mind, life goes on and we are getting there in the bigger picture![/quote]

Agree totally.
We desperately need a class striker who will perform week in week out, with pace as well as goals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.