Official Rangers v City Thread

I would be content with Ned instead of Dunne, Zab instead of Richards, Tevez instead of Etuhu and Kompany instead of De Jong things then might be a bit different.

Lomas has a lob on said:
cliche time but . . . . . . ."your only as good as your weakest links", we have some truly wonderful players but sadly we still will be fielding 2-3 who are not good enough end of, i love dunne and thank him for everything he's done for this club, we may have been a championship club again if it weren't for him, but were just over a week away from the big KO and he's shown no signs of last season just being a 1 off bad 1! he's not alone but i dont expect the other disapointments from tonight to be anywhere near our squad come blackburn! my other gripe is that petrov and robbie should never be aloud on the field at the same time, 1 lazy fucker is tollerable 2 is a total piss take! plus points. . . . . . . .toure showed good versatility, weiss (if ronaldo or kaka had played that pass it would be replayed on SSN forever), bridge got better as game went on, but even if we had the best LB in the world he's gonna get exposed cuz of whoever out of petrov or robbie aren't gonna back you up! tevez will make a huge difference to our game imo. rant over off to see if we've signed 3 or 4 defenders!!!

Are you seriously saying Petrov was lazy tonight????

Marvin said:
Etuhu is ahead of Weiss, and if Tevez and SWP? are injured it makes sense

he's a young lad learning the game so stop slagging him off. What happens if he logs and reads this sh't, or if his family do?

All this talk about City must not foregt about the acdemy and you start the abuse without a ball being kicked. D'heads

I'm all for supporting the academy Marvin, but there's no way in a million years that Etuhu is ever going to be a premiership class player!

Weiss on the other hand is going right to the very top of the game, what a fucking player this lad is. Please Mr. Hughes play him from the start against Celtic.

Cheltblue said:
JOGAMIGMOG said:
from what I saw:

Given 5 Richards 4 Dunne 4 Ben Haim 3 Toure 7 Bridge 3 Petrov 7 Robinho 4 Weiss 8 Zabaleta 5 Ireland 7 Bellamy 5 Etuhu 8 Adebayor 6

Have I missed anyone? All in all pretty poor but lots of positives: Petrov, Weiss, Etuhu all excellent. Toure very good Superman super. The rest, wank.

Luckily we already have players to fill the gaps - apart from Lescott (who we nearly have)

Quite telling that you missed De Jong, cus he was completely invisible imo, and does the back 4 no favours at all.

Please read previous posts(I never slag players off) but I agree De Jong is well overated by City fans - he cannot pass forward but great if Ireland is 10 foot away, and his breakdown of play is very average for the money

I hope I am proved wrong but I have not just witnessed this tonight but nearly every home game after Jan, the only saving grace is his second half performance at Anfield = 45 mins (glimpses of this v Villa at home)

M35 Blue said:
How much did your team cost again? <- Thats a text I just received off a Rangers fan at work. Fucking great. Gonna have to cope with that twat tomorrow as well as the usual tossers.

We're all going to have to get used to that shit.
Unless we never drop a point..... ever again!!
The vultures will be waiting to pick us clean.

Petrov has given Hughes a wonderful problem on tonight's display...push Robbie inside for me, he'll score even more goals than last season then.

leewill31 said:
JOGAMIGMOG said:
from what I saw:

Given 5 Richards 4 Dunne 4 Ben Haim 3 Toure 7 Bridge 3 Petrov 7 Robinho 4 Weiss 8 Zabaleta 5 Ireland 7 Bellamy 5 Etuhu 8 Adebayor 6

Have I missed anyone? All in all pretty poor but lots of positives: Petrov, Weiss, Etuhu all excellent. Toure very good Superman super. The rest, wank.

Luckily we already have players to fill the gaps - apart from Lescott (who we nearly have)

i think you are being a bit harsh on robbie with only a 4 he had a very good first but faded in the second half,you have to remeber with robbie he is 2 weeks behind most atm regarding training and fitness.

I actually only started watching at half time! :) Saw the 1st half best bits and maybe you're right. I wouldn't pick him for most away matches anyway! ;)

Eric Wirral said:
Lomas has a lob on said:
cliche time but . . . . . . ."your only as good as your weakest links", we have some truly wonderful players but sadly we still will be fielding 2-3 who are not good enough end of, i love dunne and thank him for everything he's done for this club, we may have been a championship club again if it weren't for him, but were just over a week away from the big KO and he's shown no signs of last season just being a 1 off bad 1! he's not alone but i dont expect the other disapointments from tonight to be anywhere near our squad come blackburn! my other gripe is that petrov and robbie should never be aloud on the field at the same time, 1 lazy fucker is tollerable 2 is a total piss take! plus points. . . . . . . .toure showed good versatility, weiss (if ronaldo or kaka had played that pass it would be replayed on SSN forever), bridge got better as game went on, but even if we had the best LB in the world he's gonna get exposed cuz of whoever out of petrov or robbie aren't gonna back you up! tevez will make a huge difference to our game imo. rant over off to see if we've signed 3 or 4 defenders!!!

I thought Petrov was one of our best players tonight hope he plays on Saturday because I'll be there and would love to see him in action again.

Lomas has a lob on said:

I'm not one to slag off our kids and wont - but the idea that Etuhu is ahead of Weiss in anything other than games played is laughable

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.