Official Rangers v City Thread

Dunney just isn't good enough I'm afraid, thought he might come out this time around with something to prove but doesn't look improved at all from his shambles of last season.

The sooner Kompany can replace Dunne in that side the better.

Very good post by CTID. There are certainly positives... defence apart....but the annoying thing for me was that Etuhu is kept on the pitch all night whilst players such as Weiss and Bellamy are sitting on the bench. Weiss showed more in 5 minutes than Etuhu showed all night.

only city can spend nearly 150mill in a season and look as though its not changed since 2005
Its a pre season friendly, key players are still to play and purchases still to be made and we havnt played at home yet!

A 6-0 win over celtic would help my confidence though

sam221985 said:
Dunney just isn't good enough I'm afraid, thought he might come out this time around with something to prove but doesn't look improved at all from his shambles of last season.

The sooner Kompany can replace Dunne in that side the better.
well said BLUE

cliche time but . . . . . . ."your only as good as your weakest links", we have some truly wonderful players but sadly we still will be fielding 2-3 who are not good enough end of, i love dunne and thank him for everything he's done for this club, we may have been a championship club again if it weren't for him, but were just over a week away from the big KO and he's shown no signs of last season just being a 1 off bad 1! he's not alone but i dont expect the other disapointments from tonight to be anywhere near our squad come blackburn! my other gripe is that petrov and robbie should never be aloud on the field at the same time, 1 lazy fucker is tollerable 2 is a total piss take! plus points. . . . . . . .toure showed good versatility, weiss (if ronaldo or kaka had played that pass it would be replayed on SSN forever), bridge got better as game went on, but even if we had the best LB in the world he's gonna get exposed cuz of whoever out of petrov or robbie aren't gonna back you up! tevez will make a huge difference to our game imo. rant over off to see if we've signed 3 or 4 defenders!!!

does anyone else think that mee and mcgivern have actually looked the most solid cb pairing all pre-season?

even if we dont get another cb in i would still get rid of ben haim and give one of these lads a chance if they are needed

MonsallBlue said:
Not played the full strength first team yet I guess.

Hopefully get a better idea on Saturday.

Defence is my main worry, we can score goals. But couldnt we do that last year too?

Oh to be a manager

Mr Hughes , should you not be in the changing room ? !!

JOGAMIGMOG said:
from what I saw:

Given 5 Richards 4 Dunne 4 Ben Haim 3 Toure 7 Bridge 3 Petrov 7 Robinho 4 Weiss 8 Zabaleta 5 Ireland 7 Bellamy 5 Etuhu 8 Adebayor 6

Have I missed anyone? All in all pretty poor but lots of positives: Petrov, Weiss, Etuhu all excellent. Toure very good Superman super. The rest, wank.

Luckily we already have players to fill the gaps - apart from Lescott (who we nearly have)

i think you are being a bit harsh on robbie with only a 4 he had a very good first but faded in the second half,you have to remeber with robbie he is 2 weeks behind most atm regarding training and fitness.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.