Official Rangers v City Thread

depps said:
does anyone else think that mee and mcgivern have actually looked the most solid cb pairing all pre-season?
Could that be because they've actually played together before, unlike the others?

PoolHustler said:
Marvin said:
Etuhu is ahead of Weiss, and if Tevez and SWP? are injured it makes sense

he's a young lad learning the game so stop slagging him off. What happens if he logs and reads this sh't, or if his family do?

All this talk about City must not foregt about the acdemy and you start the abuse without a ball being kicked. D'heads

I'm all for supporting the academy Marvin, but there's no way in a million years that Etuhu is ever going to be a premiership class player!

Weiss on the other hand is going right to the very top of the game, what a fucking player this lad is. Please Mr. Hughes play him from the start against Celtic.

Agreed...remember the name Vladimir Weiss! Etuhu however needs to go the same way his brother did...

JOGAMIGMOG said:
from what I saw:

Given 5 Richards 4 Dunne 4 Ben Haim 3 Toure 7 Bridge 3 Petrov 7 Robinho 4 Weiss 8 Zabaleta 5 Ireland 7 Bellamy 5 Etuhu 8 Adebayor 6

Have I missed anyone? All in all pretty poor but lots of positives: Petrov, Weiss, Etuhu all excellent. Toure very good Superman super. The rest, wank.

Luckily we already have players to fill the gaps - apart from Lescott (who we nearly have)

did you keep losing your stream toure 7 etuhu 8 robinho 4 do you work for the red tops

We will get it right i presume. Hughes will know that we need a defender quickly. Toure wasn't the best, but yeah he will get better in time. He is still coming to terms with communication. I cannot understand all the moaning, we beat teams like Feyenoord away and Barca at Home under Keegan. We even beat Oldham 7-0. Friendlies mean nothing. Etuhu won't start against Blackburn, Ben Haim won't start. Hughes is looking at the pair of them to see if they are good enough squad players. Stop worrying guys. Rangers treated this like a league match, we treated it like a friendly. The only players that were at 80-90% were Ireland and Barry.
The attack is looking very lethal, Weiss looked great and the defence will improve with more signings. Everything will be on the right track against Blackburn. Do not expect miracles straight away, we are a team building and a team that needs to gel. We have many new players, not just 1 or 2.

GoalGaudino! said:
Petrov has given Hughes a wonderful problem on tonight's display...push Robbie inside for me, he'll score even more goals than last season then.

his passes and crosses wasn't good enough

We are going to get fucking slatted in the press if we lose especially if the team beating us only pay a fraction of the fees we have paid for our players, listening to Burley he couldn't contain his delight enough that Rangers had beaten the multi millionaires. Every game next season we play will be like a cup tie and unless everyone of our players perform at the highest level we will have the piss taken out of us remorselessly. Time for players to improve just isn't there, we need that team to be firing on all cylinders from the first whistle to the last and no passengers. Hope to god we put in a decent performance and result against Celtic.

morleyswife said:
Cheltblue said:
Quite telling that you missed De Jong, cus he was completely invisible imo, and does the back 4 no favours at all.

Please read previous posts(I never slag players off) but I agree De Jong is well overated by City fans - he cannot pass forward but great if Ireland is 10 foot away, and his breakdown of play is very average for the money

I hope I am proved wrong but I have not just witnessed this tonight but nearly every home game after Jan, the only saving grace is his second half performance at Anfield = 45 mins (glimpses of this v Villa at home)

Yep, agree 100% fella, and like you, i dont slag players off, as a read of my posts will tell you. And its not a slag off of De Jong, it is merely as you stated, he is completely overated by many.

He is far from crap and what he does, he does well enough, but he offers nothing when the opposition are running at us, and going forward he is even more limited.

A decent midfielder is still as crucial as a Jolean Lescott imo.

g180aj said:
GoalGaudino! said:
Petrov has given Hughes a wonderful problem on tonight's display...push Robbie inside for me, he'll score even more goals than last season then.

his passes and crosses wasn't good enough
He has just come back from a serious injury. From tonight's show when Petrov is 50% fit, he looked very dangerous.

for me if you had the best back four in the world we'd still
concede goals it's the system we play it's just a back four
and nothing in front helping out what I've seen pre season
6th spot is best we could hope for this season just because
of our attack

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.