Official Rangers v City Thread

C_T_I_D said:
simonr555 said:
Oh no we lost a friendly!! Hughes out! Dunne Out! Richards Out! Etuhu out! Toure's shit! Robinho is soft and lazy!

Shut the fuck up!

It never ceases to amaze me what complete and utter shite is written on here after a game. I really cannot begin to put in to words what I think of some posters and their 'opinions' because they are so negative and, for use of a better word, shit!

Is it possible for people to get a grip? Take a cold shower, get some fresh air, throw a glass of water in to your face or something else I don't really care, but get a fucking grip of yourselves!

Don't forget (and this is funny as fuck that someone else posted) "and £25 million for Tevez, for someone who can't even stand up in the shower?" LOL. I'm still finding that funny now.

At least he didnt drill his toe!

Or did he?

Friendlies are meaningless. So we learnt nothing. Nothing to see, move along. We didn't learn that the usual suspects play as badly during friendlies as they do in league / cup games. We didn't learn that. Another meaningless game, filled with meaningless performances, that tell us nothing. Obviously, as all our pre-season games are meaningless (the games in SA were also meaningless), Hughes has learnt nothing about his players, in any way, shape, or form - except they play in meaningless games in front of fans that pay meaningless money and waste their meaningless time. Naturally, as this game (and all others pre-season are meaningless) was without meaning, Hughes cannot take them into consideration when it comes to tactics and so on.

Shame for all those Blues that made the trip. I think the club should be honest and let fans know that games like this are meaningless.

mate just called me, Rangers mad, Glaswegian, went to the match, sid he was really happy they beat us but him and all of his mates agreed City only played at about 70% capacity.
Make of that what you will.
I enjoyed the game, it was a good runout.
Saturday should be better.
Hopefully we can make my mate happy again.
By the way, stop all the fucking moaning, I'd like to see some of you twats do better.

Brucie Bonus said:
Friendlies are meaningless. So we learnt nothing. Nothing to see, move along. We didn't learn that the usual suspects play as badly during friendlies as they do in league / cup games. We didn't learn that. Another meaningless game, filled with meaningless performances, that tell us nothing. Obviously, as all our pre-season games are meaningless (the games in SA were also meaningless), Hughes has learnt nothing about his players, in any way, shape, or form - except they play in meaningless games in front of fans that pay meaningless money and waste their meaningless time. Naturally, as this game (and all others pre-season are meaningless) was without meaning, Hughes cannot take them into consideration when it comes to tactics and so on.

Shame for all those Blues that made the trip. I think the club should be honest and let fans know that games like this are meaningless.

Meaningless post - thats why people go to competetive matches which are not called friendlies

C_T_I_D said:
Positives

- Good link-up between Adebayor and Robinho
- Martin Petrov looks on fire
- Tevez will do a quality job on the right with SWP and Weiss as back up
- Ireland still looks on top form
- Adebayor is winning quite a bit in the air and holding up the ball well
- Robinho looked really, really up for it and was instrumental in all good things we done
- Barry looked like he had been in that midfield for about 5 years
- Gaining match fitness
- This game highlighted our weaknesses and they can be corrected now
- Them kits looking absolutely amazing

Negatives

- Tal Ben Haim getting on the pitch
- Losing the game (doesn't really matter, it's only a friendly)
- Etuhu not looking like he'll be good enough to make it at this club
- The defence generally looking terrible because of us not having a natural LCB
- The formation at times were all over the show

Anything I have missed?

Bang on my friend!

I'm really looking forward to the season.
Lescott or Hangeland before the end of the window will do me.

Weiss looked fantastic, what an impact player from the bench he will be.
Petrov, big plus, looked very sharp.
De jong, very good (He's already in the starting line up at Blackburn)
Adebeyor looking good and strong.
Robbie although a couple of weeks behind, excellent 1st half then ran out of steam.
Ireland & Barry quality as ever.

CB is our problem area but we have mixed and matched a bit and if we don't get Lescott I'd like to see Vinny & Ned or Toure in there.

Don't forget Vinny and Tevez haven't kicked a ball yet.

Bring it on.

Oh and how good does that black kit look?????

Eric Wirral said:
Lomas has a lob on said:
cliche time but . . . . . . ."your only as good as your weakest links", we have some truly wonderful players but sadly we still will be fielding 2-3 who are not good enough end of, i love dunne and thank him for everything he's done for this club, we may have been a championship club again if it weren't for him, but were just over a week away from the big KO and he's shown no signs of last season just being a 1 off bad 1! he's not alone but i dont expect the other disapointments from tonight to be anywhere near our squad come blackburn! my other gripe is that petrov and robbie should never be aloud on the field at the same time, 1 lazy fucker is tollerable 2 is a total piss take! plus points. . . . . . . .toure showed good versatility, weiss (if ronaldo or kaka had played that pass it would be replayed on SSN forever), bridge got better as game went on, but even if we had the best LB in the world he's gonna get exposed cuz of whoever out of petrov or robbie aren't gonna back you up! tevez will make a huge difference to our game imo. rant over off to see if we've signed 3 or 4 defenders!!!

Are you seriously saying Petrov was lazy tonight????
not sure what termanoligey to use, petrov looked the best he has looked in a while but my point being whoever it may be between robbie or petrov on the left neither of them track back and leave bridge totally exposed, so yeh maybe i am saying petrov is lazy, thats not disputing what he did goin forward!!

for most off the team there's still 2 games left before the season starts with the celtic game and internationals before blackburn not to mention the barca game in mid week we look strong missing a couple off players and maybe lescott or other

Eric Wirral said:
C_T_I_D said:
Positives

- Good link-up between Adebayor and Robinho
- Martin Petrov looks on fire
- Tevez will do a quality job on the right with SWP and Weiss as back up
- Ireland still looks on top form
- Adebayor is winning quite a bit in the air and holding up the ball well
- Robinho looked really, really up for it and was instrumental in all good things we done
- Barry looked like he had been in that midfield for about 5 years
- Gaining match fitness
- This game highlighted our weaknesses and they can be corrected now
- Them kits looking absolutely amazing

Negatives

- Tal Ben Haim getting on the pitch
- Losing the game (doesn't really matter, it's only a friendly)
- Etuhu not looking like he'll be good enough to make it at this club
- The defence generally looking terrible because of us not having a natural LCB
- The formation at times were all over the show

Anything I have missed?

Bang on my friend!

I'm really looking forward to the season.
Lescott or Hangeland before the end of the window will do me.

Weiss looked fantastic, what an impact player from the bench he will be.
Petrov, big plus, looked very sharp.
De jong, very good (He's already in the starting line up at Blackburn)
Adebeyor looking good and strong.
Robbie although a couple of weeks behind, excellent 1st half then ran out of steam.
Ireland & Barry quality as ever.

CB is our problem area but we have mixed and matched a bit and if we don't get Lescott I'd like to see Vinny & Ned or Toure in there.

Don't forget Vinny and Tevez haven't kicked a ball yet.

Bring it on.

Oh and how good does that black kit look?????

I agree with everthing apart from De Jong(good player but expected more)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.