Official Rangers v City Thread

nicolai said:
Long time no post!

Anyhow, enough of these shite stabs at Richards for fuck sake. sure he may not be setting the world ablaze at the mo, nor playing as well as he did a season ago. but christ are you fucking blind? i'd say since the purchase of Wayne Bridge, a rough estimate, maybe 75% of our goals conceded have been wide left (or centre left) where Bridge has been caught ball watching halfway up the field. Even if he manages to actually be in position upon the time of his opponent receiving the ball, he stands there watching as the ball is crossed in and we concede. If not, the ball is cleared for a corner where we concede anyway, which would not had been a problem had we had a left back who can actually defend.

Albeit he has no cover from Robinho, and he is quite good going forward, to me it seems as though he has the mind of a winger rather than a defender. At least (if he gets caught ball watching) Micah makes an effort to get back and rid of the ball, committing to a tackle or the likes. May I remind you Micah is still a kid, and compared to Bridge has a career ahead of him.

It's piss poor listening to you twats abuse him, especially when every team we play against, attacks us down the left. It seems quite clear to me that Wayne Bridge is a known weakness and is targeted by our opponents. The last time I remember being consistently attacked down the right hand side was our trip to S.A, and who was it that wasn't playing? Dunne needs to go and Bridge needs to be replaced if not sold. Toure was shite tonight, but needs a commanding centre half next to him. Richards is fine and will only get better I feel.

End rant.

I agree I think people rate Bridge too much. He's good going forward but at the end of the day you've got to be solid at the back and I don't think Bridge is. Too many mistakes. I'd like to see us stick with him but I think he has suffered as a result of playing very little football in the last 5 years

Failsworth_Blue said:
zeven said:
I dont want to be negative, but i believe you guys rate De jong to much.
I've never seen him make a pass longer than ten meters forward, 90 per cent of his passes goes sideways. Kompany is far better in my opinion.

Dunne, hmm let me say it like this! "players enter and leave all the time, the only thing that remain the same is the club and the fans! and i believe its time for Dunne to leave.

Kelvin. sorry dude, Weiss is just so much better, and have to be first choice after SWP if he can find his form again.

Last, i know its only a friendly, but it would be nice with a win for a change.

I'll not add anymore, most have been said by you guys anyway

Kompany's passing is no better than De Jong's and De Jong keeps the ball much better, when he went off tonight we looked completely lost in the middle of the park

At least Kompany tries to bring the ball forward.

De jong is a great player, but Kompany bring something extra.

nicolai said:
Long time no post!

Anyhow, enough of these shite stabs at Richards for fuck sake. sure he may not be setting the world ablaze at the mo, nor playing as well as he did a season ago. but christ are you fucking blind? i'd say since the purchase of Wayne Bridge, a rough estimate, maybe 75% of our goals conceded have been wide left (or centre left) where Bridge has been caught ball watching halfway up the field. Even if he manages to actually be in position upon the time of his opponent receiving the ball, he stands there watching as the ball is crossed in and we concede. If not, the ball is cleared for a corner where we concede anyway, which would not had been a problem had we had a left back who can actually defend.

Albeit he has no cover from Robinho, and he is quite good going forward, to me it seems as though he has the mind of a winger rather than a defender. At least (if he gets caught ball watching) Micah makes an effort to get back and rid of the ball, committing to a tackle or the likes. May I remind you Micah is still a kid, and compared to Bridge has a career ahead of him.

It's piss poor listening to you twats abuse him, especially when every team we play against, attacks us down the left. It seems quite clear to me that Wayne Bridge is a known weakness and is targeted by our opponents. The last time I remember being consistently attacked down the right hand side was our trip to S.A, and who was it that wasn't playing? Dunne needs to go and Bridge needs to be replaced if not sold. Toure was shite tonight, but needs a commanding centre half next to him. Richards is fine and will only get better I feel.

End rant.

when you give percentiges your better off knowing them rather than guessing otherwise your argument falls on its arse as it does here . and i am 75 percent sure of this

zeven said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
Kompany's passing is no better than De Jong's and De Jong keeps the ball much better, when he went off tonight we looked completely lost in the middle of the park

At least Kompany tries to bring the ball forward.

De jong is a great player, but Kompany bring something extra.

kompany is a better and calmer player and tonight dejong looked better because barry made him look good when he went off it affected us IMO

Brucie Bonus said:
morleyswife said:
aimed at me

haha

297 212 G southstand

That's a non sequiturif ever I saw one! What does you being a Clarkie have to do with having a season ticket? Clarkie on steriods. Go back and read my orginal post about the game being meaningless. My orginal post was a reply to those who claimed the game was meaningless. Could I have made it more obvious that I think exactly the opposite to those who say it was meaningless? Sheesh.

Type gets lost in translation

You inferred that anyone saying this was a friendly rattled you and used the lowest form of wit by quoting sarcastic "meaningless" in your meaningless post

Any way not having a war of words as I am to old for this shit, see seat above and we will chat?

Weiss was impressive, talented young man hope he get his chance.

Tal BenHaim, the perfect assist, again, maybe he could play a forward in another team...

Toure, nice interventions.

Superman, cool as always.

I really enjoyed the game and thought there were a lot of positives to be taken from it, but a few things bothered me.

Positives-

good movement of the ball and link up play.
looking very threatening going forward
good midfield play

negatives-

very unorganised and shakey in defense
loss of formation, generally odd formation
poor positional play from our back four
strange subsitutions

I won't lose any sleep over this one, it is a friendly after all but there I think there a lot of questions you have to ask of MH's tactics. It seems we have still have the same strengths and weaknesses as last season, which is worrying. Top 5 team going forward, bottom ten team at the back.

Our back four is a mess. I am convinced while Richards has a lot of talent he lacks the footballing brain and positional awareness to be a top full-back. Bridge is doing a job,but he seems to get caught out in defense far too often. I'm holding judgement on Toure. Dunne, is simply not good enough.

blue_chili_pepper said:
just quickie, does anyone know a free good anti virus software that is quick download and of course FREE! would be much appreciated! think this laptop needs cleaning!

AVG has a free version that I have used for several years - never have had a problem. Used to use the expensive versions and always had issues...

morleyswife said:
Brucie Bonus said:
That's a non sequiturif ever I saw one! What does you being a Clarkie have to do with having a season ticket? Clarkie on steriods. Go back and read my orginal post about the game being meaningless. My orginal post was a reply to those who claimed the game was meaningless. Could I have made it more obvious that I think exactly the opposite to those who say it was meaningless? Sheesh.

Type gets lost in translation

You inferred that anyone saying this was a friendly rattled you and used the lowest form of wit by quoting sarcastic "meaningless" in your meaningless post

Any way not having a war of words as I am to old for this shit, see seat above and we will chat?

You really DON'T understand do you? The issue was never whether the game was a "friendly", but whether it was meaningless. You failed to understand my post, didn't you? You did a Clarkie. I think you're the one that's rattled my old mucker, hence the thinly-veiled threat, "see seat above" and "I am too old for this shit". Tell you what, you pay for my plane tickets and all that and I'll be happy to chat.

BTW: it's implied, not inferred.

Keith Moon said:
The only reason why Hughes is playing TBH is to get the Sheik to understand that he needs to give everton an offer they can't refuse for Lescott.

It crossed my mind, to be totally honest. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.