Official site videos

Just watched last season's City v Bolton game and still shite jumpy coverage but nowhere near as bad as this season's stuff. :(

phew... glad to see more than I have the same problem... thought the laptop was on its dying weeks... but last years I have no problem with and my problem started when they went to Austria...

Anteros said:
Wolfy said:
Right. I need everybody with this issue to try playing one of last season's videos and see if they're okay. If they are, then post here. Shaelumstash is kinda confirming that it could quite possibly be a dodgy encode (IE, whoever's saving and uploading the videos is doing it wrong!) so I need others to test this to say, yes it's not our computer machines.

Yup. I just watched two videos from last season and they still work fine.

Me too.

I've had this problem from the start of last season, I think it's a problem with Silverlight, for those that don't know it's Microsofts rival to Flash. If you can, try reinstalling it, but be carefull, I messed mine up and now I can't get rid of the old version which dosen't work. An easier fix is to clear the online cache on your browser, I've found that this can help a little. The fix that works best for me though is to use a free piece of software called StreamTransport to open the web page, when the video starts to play you can pause it and download it to your hard drive and play it from there instead. You can get StreamTransport and other software like it from Download.com.

People from the site do read this forum. One of the video guys just tweeted about video playback problems quoting this thread.

I've been having problems as well over the last few weeks. Same computer, same internet connection yet all of a sudden the videos start lagging after about 20 seconds or so.

I'm also having problems - and this is a brand new super fast HP laptop. I thought it was a network problem but it seems that its at the OS end.

I as well am experiencing these playback problems. Both on my home computer (fairly decent) and at my work computer (top of the line machine). It starts off well but then the video gets super choppy and laggy, audio still runs clean. I also had this problem begin sometime last season as before that it was mint with no problems at all. Unfortunate with all the great videos the site produces. Lets hope a fix is found.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.