OFFICIALS SLAGGING OFF OUR TEAM AT HALF TIME - ITK

Re: Battenburg: Likes And Doesn't Like Our Players. S/H Chat...

HI All

I have just watched the first Half on sky and I must say the ref and linesmen are a discrace aand example is there first goal who was that not offside yet not 10 minutes later belamey is given offside for a few inches and to say the team was poor is a bit out of touch the back four did turn off alowing there goal but to lable the whole team is wrong as Teves played his socks off

kevin

bizzbo said:
but what does it prove? are you shocked that referees have ideas about different players? that they discuss them? or are you thinking this suggests something was premeditated?

what does it prove...?! do you think its ok for a ref to call one of our players a right bastard, clearly showing a personal dislike of him...and a "I'll have him" attitude.... and then go on to send him off by accusing him of diving when he clearly didn't...
As a City fan, you actually haven't got a problem with that..?

bizzbo said:
but what does it prove? are you shocked that referees have ideas about different players? that they discuss them? or are you thinking this suggests something was premeditated?

Even if he does have a thought about him i wouldnt say at the game with your linesman is the time to discuss it because you effect there thinking too

blumoonrises said:
bizzbo said:

what does it prove...?! do you think its ok for a ref to call one of our players a right bastard, clearly showing a personal dislike of him...and a "I'll have him" attitude.... and then go on to send him off by accusing him of diving when he clearly didn't...
As a City fan, you actually haven't got a problem with that..?

where does it say he called him a right bastard? I don't get the 'I'll have him' bit either, I know that refs view certain players as troublesome, it happens all the time, and I can't see how this goes beyond that into targeting someone for punishment on the basis of personal feelings. I'm really not happy about the decisions, but, I don't get the whole 'they were out to get us' bit.

Re: Battenburg: Likes And Doesn't Like Our Players. S/H Chat...

a miracle we got a point out of that game.must of cost clattenberg a fortune.

Interesting article in the News of the World...

But City boss Hughes insisted Clattenburg told his backroom staff at half time there were a number of their players he did not like. Hughes said: "I do not appreciate it when a referee makes comment to my staff on who they do and don't like in my team.

"He could have been having a laugh and a joke, I don't know, but I have to be careful here as we are talking about integrity." Clattenburg had booked Bellamy for dissent and then dismissed him for diving in the second half - although TV replays clearly showed he was clipped by Paul Robinson.

Hughes, who refused to deny that Bellamy was one of the names Clattenburg had listed, added: "Craig doesn't dive.

"I've known him for a hell of along time.

"My assistant manager has knocked on the referee's door and wasn't too impressed what was said and the excuses given.

1) "he's a right bastard"..."No, fucking Bellamy".

2) "...other argentinian bloke u we're on about?"..."The fuckers on the bench, keep an eye out"

Comment (1) intimates the referee has an issue with Bellamy and therefore potentially, impartiality is out of the window.

Comment (2) suggests Zabaletta would possibly suffer the same lack of impartiality as Bellamy.

Both comments intimate there will be no benefit of the doubt for either player.

Now, we do not know (a) if those things were genuinely said or if they were (b) in what context they were said. A referee can like and dislike any player, that's his prerogative. Clearly, the whole point of refereeing a football match is to do so with impartiality and that conversation suggests there would be no impartiality for either of those two players. That is why I'm disappointed with today's referee and shows the sending off up for what it was.

If I was in Hughes' shoes, then I would be seething and would want to take the matter further, particularly if Wigley would be willing to stand up and be counted.

I said IF the comments are true...so I was obviously speakin hyperthetically...

blumoonrises said:
The most important thing at the mo, is to determine if the comments are true... we need some confirmation that wigley has actually said he heard this.. and if Hughes heard too, then the 2 of them are not going to be lying and have to be taken seriously.
Until this happens, nothing can be done, but if Wigley confirms it then we must make sure all hell breaks loose... and as for those that say there's nothing wrong with the officials sayin this....well..say no more

sorry if link has already been posted

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/manchester_city/635665/Referee-accused-of-deliberately-targeting-sent-off-Craig-Bellamy.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/m ... llamy.html</a>

By Jeremy Butler, 12/12/2009

FURIOUS Mark Hughes faces an FA rap after claiming controversial referee Mark Clattenburg deliberately targeted Craig Bellamy for a red card.

The Durham official sent off the Manchester City striker for diving during yesterday's 3-3 draw at Bolton.

But City boss Hughes insisted Clattenburg told his backroom staff at half time there were a number of their players he did not like. Hughes said: "I do not appreciate it when a referee makes comment to my staff on who they do and don't like in my team.

"He could have been having a laugh and a joke, I don't know, but I have to be careful here as we are talking about integrity." Clattenburg had booked Bellamy for dissent and then dismissed him for diving in the second half - although TV replays clearly showed he was clipped by Paul Robinson.

Hughes, who refused to deny that Bellamy was one of the names Clattenburg had listed, added: "Craig doesn't dive.

"I've known him for a hell of along time.

"My assistant manager has knocked on the referee's door and wasn't too impressed what was said and the excuses given.

"We are really frustrated with his performance and the performance of the other officials.

"Bolton's first goal is clearly offside. Why they found it difficult to get that one right I have no idea.

"Then the decision to send off Craig was laughable. It is quite clear Robinson has taken him out.

"Craig is running at full pelt and has knocked the ball past him. At that pace he has knocked him out of his stride and it is clearly a foul.

"But for some reason Mr Clattenburg thought Craig was looking to deceive him and decided to send him off.

"Apparently he had booked him after the third goal for dissent. Craig was frustrated about the throw-in before the goal.

"It wasn't just Craig, a number of players questioned that decision at the time. He felt he had to book Craig, though.

"To give a second yellow for what has happened and send off the guy, well, a few questions have to be asked.

"We are going to miss Craig and we are going to have key games coming up. He is not available."

It is not the first time Clattenburg, 34, has been at the centre of a major storm.

He was suspended by the Premier League for the majority of last season following an investigation into his personal life and business debts.

He also received death threats in 2007 in the wake of his controversial performance during the Merseyside derby at Goodison Park when he sent off Everton's Tony Hibbert and awarded two penalties to Liverpool.

He was also dubbed "Clottenburg" after disallowing a Pedro Mendes goal for Tottenham against Manchester United at Old Trafford in 2005 - despite TV pictures showing the ball TWO YARDS over the goal-line.

Bolton boss Gary Megson also felt Bellamy was unlucky to see red.

He said: "I thought it was a bit harsh. He did not seem to be looking for it as he has gone past our full back.

"I did not realise he had been booked earlier."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.