Oh Dear. Ricky Hatton

bluemanc said:
unsworthblue said:
not being funny Pidge but did anyone seriously think he would beat Manny or Floyd? people just went for the crack,cough! bit like watching the mighty blues!
The fight against the wife beater was a fight that should never have taken place,it should have been at LWW & over here,he followed his dream & got fucked over by perez,anyone who thinks differently didn't watch the fight it was bent from the very first minute.
To say people just went to America for the trip & didn't expect Ricky to win is silly........or was it meant to be silly.
not at all Bluemanc,i hoped Ricky would win both fight but deep down knew he would get beaten! 100 per cent respect for gettin in the ring with both fighters

Bit hard on him Pigeonho...the australian was hardly finished before he fought Hatton and he did geniunely drop Mayweather and go 10 rounds with him (the best ever and ever). He was a nice kid when he was young (school), he's had experiences not many of us will understand, now he needs to re-discover where he's from and where he's going.

Fat Chance said:
Bit hard on him Pigeonho...the australian was hardly finished before he fought Hatton and he did geniunely drop Mayweather and go 10 rounds with him (the best ever and ever). He was a nice kid when he was young (school), he's had experiences not many of us will understand, now he needs to re-discover where he's from and where he's going.
Tzu was as good as finished when he fought him, IMO. Tzu, aged 27, v Hatton at the age he was when he beat him..... well there would be only one winner for me. I think Hatton is a classic case of being in the right place at the right time. The fight he had after Tzu, against that Colombian... only ever going to be one winner. As soon as somone decent came up though, or someone decent and not aged, he lost...... twice. As I say, I just don't like him, too tacky, too unprofessional and too 'look at me' for my liking.

Tut tut Ricky Hatton

(sorry if been posted)

News of the World strike again with ANOTHER inside story, sly tits!

Ricky Hatton’s cocaine shame
World champion boxer caught on camera snorting line after line of illegal drug

By James Weatherup, Neville Thurlbeck & Jane Atkinson, 11/09/2010

BOXING legend Ricky Hatton is caught on camera snorting cocaine in a shocking 10-hour drink and drugs binge.

A friend who witnessed the former world champ take SEVEN lines of coke in a Manchester hotel said: "If he carries on he'll kill himself. I'm really, really worried for him."

Boxing legend Ricky Hatton is filmed snorting line after line of illegal cocaine
These are the pictures that will rock the world of boxing - bloated former world champion Hatton snorting line after line of cocaine.

First the sporting legend casually takes out a wrap of the drug he has hidden in his SHOE.

Then he pours the white powder on to a table top before cutting it into three massive lines with a credit card. Finally he expertly hoovers them up his nose through a rolled up £20 note.

Ricky Hatton takes cocaine wrap from his shoe
The shameful images of 31-year-old national hero Ricky, nicknamed The Hitman for his ring victories, were captured at a Manchester hotel two weeks ago.

And this was one bout in which the two-times world welterweight supremo got really hammered - knocked out by a marathon 10-hour bender including SEVEN lines of coke in THREE separate drug sessions, 11 pints of Guinness, four vodkas, two glasses of wine and several Sambucas.

His fall from grace - just months after hanging up his gloves - will stun millions of fans around the world, the many charities who rely on him, his loyal fiancée Jennifer Dooley and his nine-year-old son.

Our sensational revelations follow concerns voiced to the News of the World by well-placed sources that Ricky - who earned an estimated £50 million and a coveted MBE during his glittering career - has been acting erratically in recent months.

Shamed boxer pours powder on hotel table
One told us: "Hatton has been partying hard and is an accident waiting to happen. For a professional sportsman it's totally unbelievable what he's doing to his body. He needs help and quickly."

Today Ricky faces his biggest fight yet - to get his life back on track.

Fellow fighter Emma Bowe is the close pal who witnessed Hatton devouring cocaine in her hotel bathroom and bedroom. And last night she told us: "I'm only talking about this because Ricky is a danger to himself. If he carries on like this he'll kill himself.

"I'm really, really worried for him, especially if he tries to make a comeback in the ring as he's hinted - he could have a heart attack."

Emma, 29 - the current Irish national senior women's boxing champ - told us how she flew from Dublin into Manchester to attend a cage fighting event with Hatton.

Hatton cuts coke into lines with credit card
But the ring star's drink and drug binge was already underway by 5.20pm when he turned up at Emma's hotel, just a 10-minute cab ride from the home he shares with Jennifer.

Wearing a black Ben Sherman shirt and casual trousers, he made his way to his pal's room. She said: "The event at Altrincham Leisure Centre began at 7pm but Ricky had said he wanted to meet me at five. When he arrived in my room he told me he'd had two pints of Guinness in his local. As I was ready we went downstairs for drinks in the bar.

"There was a wedding function taking place and everyone descended on Ricky, plaguing him for photographs and autographs. After another two pints of Guinness we left for the fight and we got the same reception there.

"Security men ushered us to a ringside seat and the event was being televised by Sky. But Ricky seemed agitated and kept saying, 'Stay with me! Don't leave my side!'

Ricky Hatton snorts the drug through a rolled-up banknote
"I noticed he kept disappearing to the toilets - at least four times in two hours - and I now suspect he was taking coke because when he came back he was very alert and perky."

PROUD MOMENT: Ricky gets MBE at Palace with Jen
After the event Hatton downed a few more pints at the bar then left with Emma at 11.30pm, heading by cab for local nightclub Suburbia.

But on the way Hatton had other things on his mind - an urgent return to Emma's hotel room and at 12.21am it was time for COKE SESSION No 1.

She said: "Ricky told me he had something to do in the bathroom. That's when he went inside and snorted a line of cocaine off the toilet lid. I'd never seen him do that before, but it didn't surprise me because I'd met him nearly a year ago in Dublin and saw him accidentally produce a cocaine wrap when he was fiddling about trying to find his hotel key. My suspicions were confirmed.

"Anyway he left the bathroom door wide open and I saw everything while I was touching up my make-up. He used the hard end of a Clinique tube to cut the powder.

"I was dumbstruck and felt bitterly disappointed. Ricky was my hero and to see him abusing drugs was such a letdown. He was a real role model, I didn't expect that of him."

The pair then went to the club in Hale where Emma said Hatton's behaviour became increasingly erratic. The fight star sank pint after pint before moving on to vodkas and white wine, ending with a few Sambucas.

BELTING: Hatton retains world champ title in Vegas 2008
"At that point Ricky and I were getting along really well," said Emma. "But when I started talking to some of the cagefighters who came along too, he turned funny.

"He kept asking people where I was and told them he was going back to the hotel. I jumped into the next taxi and found him standing on the steps of my hotel. I told him I'd just got caught up in conversation with the fighters and their wives and he seemed OK about it. But it told me how paranoid he has become."

Back in the safety of Emma's room Hatton settled himself down for COKE SESSION No 2. "This time it was in the bedroom," said Emma. "He laid out three huge lines, really industrial quantities. I watched him all the time. He went to the dressing table and cut them up with a credit card, really fat lines of coke.

"Then he rolled up a £20 note, put it to his nose and snorted up three lines of cocaine, one after the other. I was really taken aback. He told me it only stayed in the system for three days."

The shameful moment was captured on video camera, with Hatton's watch showing the time as 2.45am.

HIGH TIME: Ricky with fellow fighter Emma Bowe at club
But less than an hour later Hatton needed more - COKE SESSION No 3.

The video evidence reveals how he returned to the dressing table at 3.40am, cut up another three lines of the powder and again used a banknote to noisily snort it up his right nostril. But after sucking up two lines the fighter turned southpaw - and switched to his left nostril for the third. Emma said he then drifted off into a drug and booze fuelled sleep at about 6am, waking around 8.30am when he was called on his mobile by fiancée Jennifer.

But instead of picking up, Emma said Hatton told her: "Just leave it!"

The ex-champ has not fought since being knocked out in two rounds by Manny Pacquiao in Las Vegas in May 2009. But Emma's testimony and our video footage will shock the sport's authorities, who renewed Hatton's boxing licence in July, sparking speculation he might make a comeback.

HIT THE TOWN: Ricky Hatton and Emma leaving hotel
A potential superfight against Amir Khan, the WBA light-welterweight champion was thought to be on the cards. But now Hatton is looking at big trouble. The maximum sentence for possession of a Class A drug like cocaine is seven years in prison and an unlimited fine.

And boxers caught taking drugs, or convicted of drug offences, are in breach of the British Boxing Board of Control's regulation 25. They face being suspended, fined and having their licence withdrawn.

Ironically photos of Hatton have been emblazoned on taxis all over Manchester promoting the Crimestoppers campaign, urging the public to shop lawbreakers.

Last night whistleblower Emma insisted: "I'm doing this for Ricky's own good. I hope he gets help and advice before cocaine destroys him."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/963857/Ricky-Hatton-drugs-shame.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/96 ... shame.html</a>

Pigeonho said:
josh06 said:
Now I'm a pretty anti-drugs person. But even I fail to see how this is such a big deal.
Well how about, he failed to show up against his 2 major rivals? How about he could, (and most probably was), bang into coke at that time? How about thousands of fans fronting thousands of pounds to follow him in the perceived hope he's win? How about the public image of a 'local lad'? There's just a few reasons why its wrong. It cannot be a coincidence that he beats mediocre, or aged fighters, but then fails when 2 real deal fighters face him. If I had paid a shit load of money to watch him flunk in 2 major world title fights, and then got to see this footage here, i'd be fucking fuming.
You do realise that both Mayweather and Pacquiao are probably the two finest fighters of the last 15 years don't you? Hatton was great when he was kept away from slick fighters who can throw combinations. Was never able to deal with it, and Warren did a great job of keeping him away from such opponents.

Hatton never stood a chance against either fighter, regardless of what he was putting into his body.<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:22 am --<br /><br />
Fat Chance said:
Lol, when did he drop Mayweather?

ono said:
Pigeonho said:
Well how about, he failed to show up against his 2 major rivals? How about he could, (and most probably was), bang into coke at that time? How about thousands of fans fronting thousands of pounds to follow him in the perceived hope he's win? How about the public image of a 'local lad'? There's just a few reasons why its wrong. It cannot be a coincidence that he beats mediocre, or aged fighters, but then fails when 2 real deal fighters face him. If I had paid a shit load of money to watch him flunk in 2 major world title fights, and then got to see this footage here, i'd be fucking fuming.
You do realise that both Mayweather and Pacquiao are probably the two finest fighters of the last 15 years don't you? Hatton was great when he was kept away from slick fighters who can throw combinations. Was never able to deal with it, and Warren did a great job of keeping him away from such opponents.

Hatton never stood a chance against either fighter, regardless of what he was putting into his body.

-- Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:22 am --

Fat Chance said:
So why bother then? Why bother competing if its clear you'll lose?

It's all about opinions of course and obviously you don't like the lad...but none of the world boxing press or indeed any professionals murmoured that Tzu was finished before he met Hatton (though a good few did post meeting him) and nobody had done to Tzu what Hatton did to give indicators that he may be susceptable to a good hideing. I know well enough what Hatton is in a square ring, he did pull-up that night, if he did'nt have something about him it could easilly have gone the wrong way. Just painting a more factual scene to that fight, it was hardly a case of sparking drunks out.

Pigeonho said:
ono said:

Hatton never stood a chance against either fighter, regardless of what he was putting into his body.

-- Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:22 am --

So why bother then? Why bother competing if its clear you'll lose?
$££$$$$$$$$££££££££

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.