Oil money and Arab money city

I got a warning on my old username with regards to this subject but I do think the media have a lot to say negatively about us because our owners are Arabic, not because they want to pander to United fans.

If there's any agenda in the media, that's it.

It's a worthy thread with many wise words.

I've said too much on this subject to bore you further.

However [ahem], I'm sure you'll find that the image of Arabs is going to improve greatly over the next few years and for many reasons.

The world's moved on and the UK tabloids are mostly way behind. Catch up, will you!

Balti said:
A bit strange aint it considering that most clubs in the English Premier League (12 of the 20) are under foreign ownership/ control yet that hardly gets mentioned as much as it does with City:

Owners/ Majority shareholders:

Arsenil - yank/ russkie/ Iranian
Aston Villa - yank
Chelsea - russkie
Fulham - egyptian arab muslim
Liverpool - yanks
MCFC - uae
ManUre - yanks
QPR - malaysian
Reading - russkie
Southampton - swiss
Sunderland - yank
Swansea - bloody taffies! ;-) .... (the welsh are also infiltrating norwich and west ham......)

you'd think they'd be more worried about the amount of yanks in football lol

well you think they would be worried about owners stripping money out of the premiership to fill their own bank balances in another country. rather than an owner who is spending money.

without certain owners spending money to get the top talent we would soon be a nothing league.

either the prem has to pay the best wages to get the best players or they will go where the best rewards are Barca, Madrid, PSG or Russia. i myself want the best to be the premiership

de niro said:
matty barton said:
Actually I reckon you have taken less stick over your money than Chelsea did over theirs.

not true, we've ruined football remember.

The stick we've had since the takeover has been extraordinary. Some of the frothing at the mouth by so called journalists has been a sight to behold. I don't remember Chelsea getting stick from other managers either and we're constantly on the end of sly digs from people like Wenger, Moyes and Pullis to name but a few.
I don't think that fat fucking fool who was the spokesman at the time of the takeover did us any good either, in fact he did us no end of harm with his boasting.
Even some Chelsea fans resented our takeover. I was once banned from the Shed End for daring to suggest that City were only doing what Chelsea had done before them.

I think there might be a bit of paranoia in this. The nationality of other owners regularly gets a mention, a la http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/...w-henry-liverpool-boston[url] (US owners) andhttp://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/9676599/Manchester-United-debt-to-fall-below-400m-for-first-time-since-Glazer-family-takeover-in-2005.html[/url] (Florida-based owners)

Arabs and oil is pretty factual reporting to me.

malg said:
Unfortunately it's a bit darker than jealousy and fear - and I think the op alluded to it. Plain and simple xenophobia.

I disagree. PSG's owners are Qatari and yet I don't see them mentioned in the same way by the media.

The press and media here certainly don't like City and our success, but for us to be playing the race card as the reason is simply sad.

Who the hell gives a crap what the outsiders think....as it states on our official website - TOGETHER WE ARE CITY

So stuff the rest of them and lets concentrate on turning the 7-point deficit into a 7-point lead.

Balti said:
A bit strange aint it considering that most clubs in the English Premier League (12 of the 20) are under foreign ownership/ control yet that hardly gets mentioned as much as it does with City:

Owners/ Majority shareholders:

Arsenil - yank/ russkie/ Iranian
Aston Villa - yank
Chelsea - russkie
Fulham - egyptian arab muslim
Liverpool - yanks
MCFC - uae
ManUre - yanks
QPR - malaysian
Reading - russkie
Southampton - swiss
Sunderland - yank
Swansea - bloody taffies! ;-) .... (the welsh are also infiltrating norwich and west ham......)

you'd think they'd be more worried about the amount of yanks in football lol

The best model there is Swansea. The fans own a large chunk of the club, and the powerbrokers on the board are locals with a genuine affection for the club. It seems to be working well for them.

In an ideal world I'd want similar for my club. Unfortunately thats not going to happen for any club already in foreign hands.

I'd prefer a Russian/Arab over an American profiteer and hope the vile Kroenke eventually sells his controlling stake in Arsenal to Alisher Usmanov.

We'd then be similar to you or Chavski in terms of being a rich man's toy. Not perfect, but it has to be preferable to being the personal piggy bank of a greedy Yank with no love for the club or the game. I suspect most Arsenal (as well as United and Liverpool) fans would agree.

de niro said:
corky1970 said:
nearly every column inch describes City in such a way.

Arab money, Oil dollars, megabucks...etc

if our owners had white skins and weren't Muslims i don't think we'd be referred to as this all the time.

you never here the source of other clubs "sugar daddies"

billionaires own a large percentage of Premier clubs, why don't we here their industry prefixing any description about their club ?

jealousy and fear i'm afraid.

It's exactly that! - Fuck 'em.. Let them throw their toys out the pram!

I've thought this for a long time. There is covert racism and Islamaphobia from the authorities here and in much of the media. They will never admit it, but that is what it is. They would never be so negative about white owners.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.