older fans returning now we've won a cup

Re: older fans

Ducado said:
You have to remember that we had a huge Manchester fan base, that drifted away during the lean years, and are drifting back now.

We are not some kind of exclusive club, where only the select few can support you know, we need and no doubt welcome every supporter, be they a new one or a returning blue

A voice of reason.

All you old bastards are glory hunters. When I was a lad, we were shit.

Having watched my first game in 1973 and also having gone to OT with my brother who was a Red I stood in the Utd Road with him and saw Law score that goal. Having seen Utd go down and then City win the Lge cup in 76 and after beating Utd 4-0 at Maine Road life just got better, following season we were runners up in the lge, in europe and then a cup final followed in 81. Then after that it was all doom and fun, days followed at York, Halifax and Wrexham blanced with Blackburn away, the play off final, the last game at Maine Road, Charlton at home 5-1 Huddersfield 10-1 and of course the 5-1 v the Rags. I have been all over the place with City and England and having sat there on Weds night and to see us play in the CL I would not change anything, its been a rollercoaster but what a 37 years it has been.

We need all types of fans. Hard core, standing in the rain at Oxford United away. And fair-weather plastics. Of course 60,000 of the former every week would be great, but it's not realistic.

The other point is, there's nothing to be ashamed about in wanting to watch top football, and being less interested in shit.

CITY FOR LIFE said:
Having watched my first game in 1973 and also having gone to OT with my brother who was a Red I stood in the Utd Road with him and saw Law score that goal. Having seen Utd go down and then City win the Lge cup in 76 and after beating Utd 4-0 at Maine Road life just got better, following season we were runners up in the lge, in europe and then a cup final followed in 81. Then after that it was all doom and fun, days followed at York, Halifax and Wrexham blanced with Blackburn away, the play off final, the last game at Maine Road, Charlton at home 5-1 Huddersfield 10-1 and of course the 5-1 v the Rags. I have been all over the place with City and England and having sat there on Weds night and to see us play in the CL I would not change anything, its been a rollercoaster but what a 37 years it has been.

started a year later, but this is my history also. last season of sp, thaksin sent me away from the club. still get a buzz tho and love the way its going. still have nigel johnson over vinnie tho.... :)

crizack said:
We always here about how we have new fans but it mainly only applies to the younger ones. This guy I know tells everyone he's been a blue since the sixties. His wife said "he seen them play once and has only just started supporting them again" banging on how he watched us in the sixties and how he is more blue than others. Anyone else know any older "fans" who younger people might think 'I bet they've been all over watching city' but really, the haven't gave a Damn for 35 years?

I love our club getting a bigger fan base, just don't like the ones who say they are lifelong blues yet only started supporting us in their late teens or now the goings good. Personally, I think the fans who have had it the hardest has been for those born after 1976. Their the ones who have gone longest without seeing us win.

edited as i can see how the term 'most dedicated' can annoy some.

think you need a bit of salt & vineger.

thats some chip on your shoulder sonny jim...

Ever heard of been there done it got the t shirt well fella when we had gates of 65000 ...most of the so called older fans where there & followed & still follow the club while you where still a wink in your old mans eye..

I've been reading this "I'm a bigger blue than you" since I joined this website and quite frankly it pisses me off.
I'm 50 in January and been supporting City as long as I can remember, I've seen a few good times but seen some very bad times.
In my youth I've queued up and paid at the turnstiles in the Kippax, I've been a season ticket holder in the Main Stand in my latter years, I've been a seasoncard holder at the COMS/Eithad.
I've moved around the country through work and not attended games for prolonged periods due to this and family commitments but I've always been a blue.
I've recently gone back to being a seasoncard holder as things in my work/family life now make it possible for me to attend games on a regular basis.
I've been to hundreds of games home and away over the years, but I do not have the arrogance to regard myself as a bigger blue than somebody turning up for their first ever game.
As somebody said on page 3 of this topic the Sheikh has bought Manchester City to make a global brand, and all are welcome and in my eyes a blue is a blue.
Some people on here need to get over themselves, City are going to become a major brand with a complete new fanbase, without this happening the "project" is dead in the water.
Embrace it and all the new blues that come on board, the future is so much more important than the past.

there were alot of old faces around us that have not been seen for a while

we need them back tbf

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.