Oleg Shatov

Status
Not open for further replies.
agony.gif

Out of interest, surely someone so in love with Russian football must realise that no Russian player is ever going to leave Russia anymore, given the quota system? They have literally no replacement, regardless of money and the players themselves will know that they can ask for whatever wages they want as they are irreplaceable. Zenit have infinite money but only a very small pool of Russian players to pick from, they have absolutely no incentive whatsoever to sell one of the less useless Russians they have.

Prior to this season:-

Shatov - 253 appearances, 32 goals, mainly in the inferior Russian league.

Sterling - 129 appearances, 23 goals, mainly in one of the toughest leagues in the world.

So, in an easier league, with pretty much twice as many appearances (an additional 124 games), Shatov has scored just 9 more goals. Clearly he's vastly superior. Also, Sterling is 5 years younger. He's also managed to get 18 international caps to date too.

I've not seen most of the Russian league, but I reckon I could guess and say that 99% of the league isn't good enough to play for City without actually watching them. If Shatov was good enough for a team at City's level then, by this stage in his career (he's 25), he'd have left Russia and signed for someone. As I've mentioned, on a few occasions, his stats just don't match up. If he was "better than Sterling" then he'd have been ripping up the Russian league for years. He'd have been scoring double figures in most seasons. He hasn't scored double figures once, and this is his 8th professional season.

You may well have watched both players, but you sure as shit don't know your stuff. You just have a ridiculous hard on for Shatov and can't see that he's an ok footballer, but nothing more than that.

Shatov's career really started at Zenit. His first club shouldn't be counted. Nor should Harry Kane's seasons at Norwich, Leyton Orient, Leicester, etc. Or should Ronaldo's time at Sporting Lisbon. Ronaldo has only scored 3 goals for his first club. As I said, talent is something that needs maturing. Harry Kane's talent matured last season for example. This season, especially for Shatov, he has been a beast. I don't keep have to repeating his achievements this season. An "average OK" player wouldn't have 1 goal 3 assists in 4 CL games for example, who has been involved in most amount of goals after Hulk and Ronaldo in this year's CL campaign.

Shatov's first club was a Siberian average relegation Russian club, where he originally comes from and a club with very limited resources. His 100+ caps there means jack shit. It was his talent that made big spenders like Anzhi, Zenit buy him.

As I said, Sterling and Shatov are not comparable yet. They both play in completely different leagues, to the point it's hard to draw a simple conclusion. Only way to make a comparison is if Zenit draw with City this year, which I hope so or Shatov comes to PL.

BTW, about the point of him leaving Russia. Lol, I think you would find all the Russians play in Russia. Only team in the WC 2014 with a team playing in their native country squad. Russia have some great players that would be playing for top European sides. Why? Because of the crazy wages in Russia. Now with Zenit, Shatov probably earns double/triple the money an average foreigner earns at the PL. So there's really not much incentive for him. But if he can perform very well as he is currently at the CL and the next Euro, I'm 100% he'll be coming to a top club. So don't use the argument of him still being at Russia. Only time Russians left their country was after Euro 2008, because top clubs showed interest in their players.

I understand that everyone has their favorite players, but what is with this guy and the fucking Shatov?

I understand that everyone has their favorite players, but what is with this guy and the fucking Shatov?
I am an aspiring scout, that's why. I identify non-mainstream players who are capable of making it big and I follow them. This is what I did with Hazard, Mata, KDB, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.