Oleg Shatov

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 3 goals in 34 games at Anzhi btw. As I said, it's about talent maturing. His days at Ural mean fuck all to anything. Ural are Sunderland equivalent of Russia, a bottom side pretty much. You can't expect a talented midfielder/winger to make much effect at a club of that calibre. A club with very low resources. Sterling never played at Sunderland. Shatov was at Ural from 17-21 years old, managing over 100 appearances at SENIOR level, which should tell you something about his ability. You love your goal tally but if Shatov was average, why were top Russian teams so interested in buying a relegation team player? What does this say about Shatov?

I've first came across this fella in the Dortmund Zenit CL game and being an aspiring scout, I knew he had potential. Now, this year he has been nothing but ace. You always bring his stats up of past seasons but you have to admit he has been amazing this season.

A Zenit City tie would be good to see so my fellow Bluemoon Citizens can see who he really is.

No, it's 5 goals in 51 appearances like I said. You can't use Shatov's (apparent) good European form for Zenit yet chose to ignore his European form for Anzhi. You also can't claim 1 minute that Shatov's 100 appearances for Ural mean fuck all, then the next claim making 100 appearances at senior level by the time he was 21 says something about his ability. You pick and chose which bits of Shatov's career to use, and what to ignore, all to try and prove some kind of failed point about his ability. Look at his CL record this season, but don't look at his CL record in previous seasons as that is apparently irrelevant. Ignore his time at Ural as they were shit, but isn't it impressive how often he played for Ural.

I bring up his stats from past seasons as there have been 8 of them, with over 250 appearances. That's a far more accurate measure of what he can do than a 3 month, 18 game, snapshot since the summer. Michael Ricketts once scored 24 goals in a season for Bolton, and won an England cap, yet only broke 10 goals in a season twice in the next 10 years, and 1 of those was in League One. Now whilst I'm not saying Shatov is as shit as Ricketts what I am saying is anyone is capable of playing above themselves for a relatively short period of time, but when you look at their careers as a whole it's a more accurate measure of their ability. Shatov's career is in it's 9th season and, stats wise, it's the last 3 months only that look anything other than mediocre.

Come on Aguerovic, this Matty fella is talking nonsense to suit his agenda, tell him the facts mate, Shatov is shitot. Sterling's silver is not as hot as Shatov's shit, no sir.

Shatov for pm i say !

71nq10.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.