Oleg Shatov

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're his best highlights? Figured I'd give it a watch & give him a chance but they're not very impressive.

Just the pass at 1:57 is enough to make me fed up with him.

These videos are made to make players look good; you've claimed yourself on here that he's on a par with KdB - yet just search for an equivalent video for KdB to see how far behind he is in a far weaker league.

Watch this

KDB's individual highlights. Earlier I shared individual highlights of Shatov. KDB would be a pretty average player according to @Prestwich_Blue , just look at the amount of misplaced/overhit passes.

KDB is a great player and so is Shatov, but one plays in a better league but the other one has performed better at the CL so far. I just wish people would appreciate great players instead of finding flaws.

So he was better than Sterling yesterday, now he's as good as Kev. I can see the great debate by the end of the month; "Pele, Maradona or Shatov?"

Watch this

KDB's individual highlights. Earlier I shared individual highlights of Shatov. KDB would be a pretty average player according to @Prestwich_Blue , just look at the amount of misplaced/overhit passes.

KDB is a great player and so is Shatov, but one plays in a better league but the other one has performed better at the CL so far. I just wish people would appreciate great players instead of finding flaws.

You posted a video of his "best highlights" as you stated yourself. I replied to that by saying take a look at a comparable video, so you compare "best highlights" to "individual match highlights" which you yourself earlier said never look as good, what logic is that? Here, try this one and tell me who's a better player (KdB is younger & playing in tougher leagues):

Nothing to do with finding flaws, I do appreciate great players, the video you showed had 1 great pass for an assist with the outside of the foot, but other than that there was next to nothing - a few dribbles that led nowhere, 1 bog standard goal and some mistakes; from supposedly his best highlights they're nothing but disappointing when you compare to the players you're stating he's as good as.

Last edited:
You posted a video of his "best highlights" as you stated yourself. I replied to that by saying take a look at a comparable video, so you compare "best highlights" to "individual match highlights" which you yourself earlier said never look as good, what logic is that? Here, try this one and tell me who's a better player (KdB is younger & playing in tougher leagues):

Nothing to do with finding flaws, I do appreciate great players, the video you showed had 1 great pass for an assist with the outside of the foot, but other than that there was next to nothing - a few dribbles that led nowhere, 1 bog standard goal and some mistakes; from supposedly his best highlights they're nothing but disappointing when you compare to the players you're stating he's as good as.

My post was more of a response to @Prestwich_Blue who was criticising Shatov because he had some misplaced passes in one of his individual highlights. So I'm just pointing out every single player has those misplaced passes/mistakes/ whatever you wanna call it. Also understand the video I posted is compiled from 3 games worth of footage where as your video is KDB of an entire season, of course a whole season worth of footage will have extra goals/assists. You're not doing yourself much favour by underling "comparable" when your video is not much comparative. Another thing, Russian League isn't watched by many and there aren't many of these "goals, assists" videos of players. I wish I could show more latest highlights of Shatov. So far this season,

Shatov 12 games, 6 goals, 5 assist in League. KDB has 3 goals, 4 assists in 8 games. Both great players. Yes Shatov plays in a weaker league, but Shatov has been the better player in the CL. I think these are both great players.

My post was more of a response to @Prestwich_Blue who was criticising Shatov because he had some misplaced passes in one of his individual highlights. So I'm just pointing out every single player has those misplaced passes/mistakes/ whatever you wanna call it. Also understand the video I posted is compiled from 3 games worth of footage where as your video is KDB of an entire season, of course a whole season worth of footage will have extra goals/assists. You're not doing yourself much favour by underling "comparable" when your video is not much comparative. Another thing, Russian League isn't watched by many and there aren't many of these "goals, assists" videos of players. I wish I could show more latest highlights of Shatov. So far this season,

Shatov 12 games, 6 goals, 5 assist in League. KDB has 3 goals, 4 assists in 8 games. Both great players. Yes Shatov plays in a weaker league, but Shatov has been the better player in the CL. I think these are both great players.
So to respond to another user you quote my comment & respond to me? Seems a sensible way of doing things.

You said those highlights were the "best highlights" of Shatov, not some mediocre crap from 3 matches - thus my video was a comparison to that; best highlights of Shatov to best highlights of De Bruyne, not my fault if Shatov can only manage a highlight reel from a couple of matches.

As others with knowledge of Russian football have posted he's been pretty average (at best) in previous years, 12 or so games of good form is not even close to comparable to many seasons of playing at a very high level. It's like claiming Vardy is as good as Ronaldo/Messi as he's been banging in as many goals as them this season.

But anyway, I'll leave you to your delusions as you don't really have any reasonable arguments, you jump off topic, ignore points & repeat the same arguments that many others have shown to be nonsense anyway.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.