Oleks Zinchenko - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else find it interesting he played instead of Delph? It's made me wonder whether he's working his way up the pecking order.

Loved the way he tucked into midfield for an extra man as we switched to 3 at the back on weds when we were in possession. Effectively playing a 3-2-4-1.

I would prefer Zinchenko to step in for Mendy now that Mendy is out with a knee injury. I think Zinchenko has proven himself in his limited chances he has had this season. Zinchenko is a player on an upward curve whereas Delph has not looked to hit the right notes yet this season when he has had opportunities.

I would prefer Zinchenko to step in for Mendy now that Mendy is out with a knee injury. I think Zinchenko has proven himself in his limited chances he has had this season. Zinchenko is a player on an upward curve whereas Delph has not looked to hit the right notes yet this season when he has had opportunities.

I'll be curious to see who gets the nod, Delph was excellent last season in Mendys absence but Zinchenko's development has been exceptional too.

Yes, if last season, I would have picked Delph over Zinchenko but the lad is safe at LB, doesn’t put a foot wrong.

Zee is the better player. Delph is the more experienced. Or more senior. I expect Guardiola to favor Delph.

Delph covered every blade of grass in a close to MOTM performance in the cup the other week. Or did you mean from left back?

Horses for courses imo. Delph should play against tougher opponents where we have to defend and Oleks against teams where we need to break them down more. Either way I expect we will see Sane starting a lot more games in Mendy's absence.

Delph covered every blade of grass in a close to MOTM performance in the cup the other week. Or did you mean from left back?
I prefer if Delph was cover for Fernandinho, I think he is the best option for DM after Fernandinho. Zinchenko is my preferred LB, seems to find a better outlet with the ball. Also like Zinchenko’s positional sense in this LB role.

Zee is the better player. Delph is the more experienced. Or more senior. I expect Guardiola to favor Delph.

I think we’ll see rotation. Zinchenko is very likely to get CL games. They may both play in the remaining CL & league cup games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.