Oleks Zinchenko - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very poor defensively. The board gambled at the beginning of the season due to the relatively solid performances of him and Delph at left back but this decision was a mistake and it has cost us this season. Mendy can’t be relied upon to stay fit and we need to sign a new left back as our number one LB. Too late for this season as we won’t get the quality we need in Jan but this, a DM and possibly a new striker should be the signings in the summer.

He’s put in an impossible situation. He’s asked to do a job and he has the balls to stand up and be counted. Unfotunately his lack of experience and physical attributes make him a fucking awful defender. But he doesn’t hide and gives his all.

Great cross for the third goal, poor for everything else.

Also Bernie is more a 7/10 midfielder, at least, Zinchenko is nowhere near him so I don't understand that.

He's fodder, nothing more nothing less. Plays when our second choice, makeshift, left back is suspended sure.

From the ridiculous to the sublime in ten minutes , he's had enough chances and he isnt good enough playing left back at this level and he wont get a sniff in our midfield , will always be a willing squad player and has a great attitude and workrate , but i cant see him being at the club next season , a move to a club like Wolves or similar would be good for for his development. Nothing against the lad ,but just not quite good enough

Made up for the mistake with a sublime cross. That should help his confidence.

But my concern is that seeing he is only being utilised as a 3rd choice left back ,a position he is not at all built for nor is his preference, could prove a reason for him to move on come summer. The boy has great attributes, good passer/crosser, good shot etc. Shame we don't play him in his preferred position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.