Oleks Zinchenko - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's better on the ball than Kyle Walker.

He's also a kid. He's been great but we've probably overplayed him during the first half of the season.

I think we should definitely hang on to him and keep him around.

I know it's easy to be lured by the De Jong's and Jorginho's but I guarantee other teams would be drooling over Zinchenko.
Other teams would kill for ZInchenko.

Which is why I think he'll leave us - ZInchenko isn't talented enough to be a first choice starter at any position when the rest of the team is fit. But he's talented enough that he'd be a first choice starter in many other clubs.

Which is why I think he'll leave us - ZInchenko isn't talented enough to be a first choice starter at any position when the rest of the team is fit. But he's talented enough that he'd be a first choice starter in many other clubs.

We'll see come end of season. He was sensible enough to stay this year and back himself and we're still in 4 competitions. Plenty of football for him.

I don't think talent is an issue at all with him, the one weakness he may have had is lack of pace but he seems to have gained a yard based on yesterday's performance.

He gained a yard in his head and was very quick to anticipate danger yesterday. That suggests a lot of coaching that he has responded well to, hence his place.

Did hear right? He’s won all 13 games he’s started from debut?
Loveable & lucky.

Has everything, would like to see him given a run centrally. But he’s certainly a great squad player.

How long left on his contract? If he does move on for more game time I hope we get a decent fee for him. Great attitude and obviously loves it here

How long left on his contract? If he does move on for more game time I hope we get a decent fee for him. Great attitude and obviously loves it here

Contract til 2020.

It seems Pep was happy to let him go last summer but Zin insisted to stay and fight for his position,
after having contact to Napoli.

IMO Pep likes his talent but not his workrate.
Maybe the lad is just a bit too nice.

Back then Pep praised Zin going straight on the training ground after returning from an away game where he was benched.
But I also think Pep was exactly asking for added passion.

Btw, late vs Chelsea when Zin had a cramp Pep didn't look amused at all nor pitiful,
I think for Pep it was a sign of lazy training performance if his players have cramp.

Never heard of contract extension talks for him...

I reckon if he's here long enough he'll eventually start being used in other positions.
In fact I like to tell myself it's best for his long term development for a midfield role if he continues to play in the LB role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.