Oleksandr Zinchenko | Joins Arsenal for £30m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think at one point the club will see all the suitors Zinchenko has and think “actually let’s not push out this incredibly hard working quality player who absolutely loves the club” or will they just sell him for £15m and realise the mistake later?
I think he will stay.

The Zinchenko thing is obvious bullshit. Makes no sense for him to go from our bench to Chelsea's - he can't play as a wing back and isn't getting into their midfield either. Add in the Chelsea fans love in with Abramovich and I can't see it happening in this or any universe.

Do you think at one point the club will see all the suitors Zinchenko has and think “actually let’s not push out this incredibly hard working quality player who absolutely loves the club” or will they just sell him for £15m and realise the mistake later?

Think it’s more a case of City’s policy of letting players leave who want to go rather than pushing them out, but yes, I’d much rather we kept him.

Chelsea are that desperate in defence it kind of makes sense that they go after him

The Zinchenko thing is obvious bullshit. Makes no sense for him to go from our bench to Chelsea's - he can't play as a wing back and isn't getting into their midfield either. Add in the Chelsea fans love in with Abramovich and I can't see it happening in this or any universe.
Why can't he play as a wing back?

Why can't he play as a wing back?
His lack of pace would make him pretty ineffective from box to box. You don't get many slow wing backs in the Prem, only Alonso and his delivery is world class from the wide areas.

Zinny is, IMO, only a left back in a Pep system.

Why is it?

Chelsea are desperate at LB, only Chilwell and he is coming back from a serious injury, I would also think a move there would increase his wages considerably.

His lack of pace would make him pretty ineffective from box to box. You don't get many slow wing backs in the Prem, only Alonso and his delivery is world class from the wide areas.

Zinny is, IMO, only a left back in a Pep system.
I mean, he'd be replacing an even slower wingback in Alonso. Lol

Alonso has natural width and is a far greater attacking threat. And he's still not good enough which is why they're replacing him.
If you say so. I was just referencing their speed. Neither is Uber fast. And Zinchencko is faster to my eye. Not to mention, Azpiculetta wasn't particularly fast either and he sometimes played RWB foe them.

My point is that speed may not be as important a factor in playing Wingback as you've suggested.

All that said, I don't think Zinchencko is going there either. Frankly, I hope he isn't going anywhere

If you say so. I was just referencing their speed. Neither is Uber fast. And Zinchencko is faster to my eye. Not to mention, Azpiculetta wasn't particularly fast either and he sometimes played RWB foe them.

My point is that speed may not be as important a factor in playing Wingback as you've suggested.

All that said, I don't think Zinchencko is going there either. Frankly, I hope he isn't going anywhere
I agree.

Zinny could play wingback for us, we don't rely on speed to counter as much as other clubs.

He clearly has the intelligence, spatial awareness and technical ability to do it.

In fact, there is a misconception that Zinny plays inverted his whole time here, last year or so he has played as a wide fullback to great effect.

He could also play defensive midfield too, a versatile player we shouldn't lose. Also why I think Pep will go 4231 with wide fullbacks next season, the squad is made for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.