Oleksandr Zinchenko | Joins Arsenal for £30m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst this is true, Zinchenko created more chances per 90 minutes than Cucurella did, it’s just that Zinchenko played 15 games to Cucurella’s 35.

What is different is the way they attack as OZ cuts in more than MC would.

Being an attacking full back isn’t just about going at their opposite number in a Pep team.

I think that Cucurella is much better defensively and 4km/h quicker.

What I think a lot of people are doing on here is underselling OZ’s attacking input and ability to retain the ball through the opposition press.
One was playing for City with 70% possession a game. The other for Brighton

It's not even meant to be. The guy's literally given blood, sweat and tears for us and could be getting paid more and playing more at another club after declining at least two moves to Betis and Wolves.

Just look at his reaction and words after the Villa game.

If people want to say that playing for a professional club is a strictly transactional thing and that no players can form a genuine emotional bond with a club then I'd tell them they're being overly cynical.

Sure, it's rare but that's what makes it so special.

I was more meaning the line you put regarding the “some on here” part,you don’t need to sell him to me mate,I agree,but what I will say,and nobody and I mean nobody who follows City can argue we’ve needed a proper left back for some considerable time now,fact that.

Mendy looked fairly ok when he first came whipping crosses across face of goal that Haaland would have loved,but when he got injured he came back awful,and the rest is history with that clown as we know so a new LB for me wouldn’t go amiss that’s the truth

Getafe and Brighton can’t score for toffee.
He would be sensational in our team
We paid more for a much shitter player five years ago

Last season was Cucurella's first season as a mostly LB(18 games) So he has less experience there(back 4) than Zin.

Why would he be sensational? There is no evidence to suggest he'd be sensational in a team light years ahead of anywhere he's ever played before(didn't cut it at a declining Barca) in a position he is basically just learning. It's a gamble just like Mendy was. Look at Angelino, fantastic as a wingback but a shit left back.

What I think a lot of people are doing on here is underselling OZ’s attacking input and ability to retain the ball through the opposition press.
He showed how good he can be going forward and creating chances against Villa and then for Ukraine v. Scotland. But Pep doesn't start him in that role because there are other players ahead of him who do that and probably do it even better.

I was more meaning the line you put regarding the “some on here” part,you don’t need to sell him to me mate,I agree,but what I will say,and nobody and I mean nobody who follows City can argue we’ve needed a proper left back for some considerable time now,fact that.

Don't get me wrong, I couldn't agree more. We'll have fucked up if we don't sign a left back again this summer.

I just don't get that other stuff.

He showed how good he can be going forward and creating chances against Villa and then for Ukraine v. Scotland. But Pep doesn't start him in that role because there are other players ahead of him who do that and probably do it even better.
Zinchenko is currently our best left footed left back.

He played left back against Villa. Villa stopped attacking after Coutinho scored, so he largely became a winger for the last 20 mins or so.

Zinchenko coming on in the Parc des Princes last season helped win us the game in the semi final against PSG.

He, like most players, fuck up occasionally. West Ham and every visit to St Mary’s spring to mind.

However, he’s a damn good left back. If he had Walker’s pace, he’d be unplayable.

If he has to go Dortmund would be a good move? Might help give us friendly relations when we come knocking for Bellingham next summer! ;-)

Don't get me wrong, I couldn't agree more. We'll have fucked up if we don't sign a left back again this summer.

I just don't get that other stuff.

He’s an emotional guy,and even more so with all the shit going on on his homeland,who wouldn’t be,but you know he just might be thinking this time that the battle to hold down a regular start at City as much as he loves it here, has to be looked at,and if he can get it elsewhere we may be getting another farewell letter soon

Zinchenko is currently our best left footed left back.

He played left back against Villa. Villa stopped attacking after Coutinho scored, so he largely became a winger for the last 20 mins or so.

Zinchenko coming on in the Parc des Princes last season helped win us the game in the semi final against PSG.

He, like most players, fuck up occasionally. West Ham and every visit to St Mary’s spring to mind.

However, he’s a damn good left back. If he had Walker’s pace, he’d be unplayable.
Pace being the operative word.
We need a new left back at the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.