Oleksandr Zinchenko | Joins Arsenal for £30m

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not guaranteed he will be a firm starter at Arsenal either. Maybe in the first 3-4 months he will be, but after that, who knows?
I said that yesterday and with Jesus ( not as much as Zinch) if Arsenal get to the level they want, Zinch will simply do the role he does for us and nothing more.

But if we signed a left back then cancelo can go back to the right and Zinchenko can be rotating left back with the new guy?

Maybe we have promised Ake more minutes including at LB? Having a new LB, Zinch, Ake and Cancelo as possible options at LB is a bit too much.

I get what you mean, you have a point, but Zinch was a bit part player last season before February. Cancelo was one of the first names on the team sheet. If we sign a new LB, Zinch minutes will be reduced.

However, if we are not able to sign that new LB for an acceptable fee, why not keep Zinch? He can play in midfield if push comes to shove.

The good news is that we'll know over the next 7-10 days whether we'll buy Cucu or keep Zinch. Arsenal are waiting and City/Zinch have to decide over the next few days.

He did have minor injuries early on. I remember the interview he did at the start of the war in February, thinking what a shame, just coming back recovered into this shit.

Anyway, it is just a matter of extent. It is clear he has always been a squad player, other than the odd stretch when he was a regular. It is clear we need a top LB in the team, whether he goes or stays, and that his status won't really change.

There is an overused phrase 'model professional' but I think it suits Zinny perfectly. Didn't complain when he was down the pecking order, didn't take the easy route out and go to Wolves but stayed and fought for his place, always gave 100%. I understand why he is going and wish him well but will still be sorry to see him depart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.