Only City still undefeated after 15 games (this PL season)

ZZmaestro said:
squirtyflower said:
ZZmaestro said:
Only idiots would think that a team finishing UNBEATEN wouldn't win the championship.
Fact : NO UNBEATEN TEAM LOST ANY CHAMPIONSHIP IN ANY LEAGUE

/THREAD
jeez, care to explain what "/thread" means?

you haven't read the thread or you would know its happened on several occasions

Sorry mate, i'm talking about "modern era" soccer.
The last time an undefeated team that didn't made it to the title was thirty years ago, a Turkish or Portugese team if i recall.
and you don't consider that to be 'modern era'?

they had teles and everyfink back then ya know

This unbeaten thing is pretty academic really. You need around 85 points to win the league in an average season. The usual marker for this is 26+ wins and pick up the rest in draws.

We have 9 wins from 15 games. This puts us on course for 22 wins and 66 points from wins. Even if we go unbeaten for the other 16 games, that's 82 points.

We are not winning enough games, it doesn't matter if we're not getting beaten, we aren't picking up enough points.

moomba said:
MSP said:
As I sad 5 games ago - f**k that stats.. if we continue with this draws rate, we could be invincible but that wouldn't help us to win the title.

Sunderland have only one defeat more than rags but 23 points less.

If we continue with this draws rate we'll win the league IMO.

Don't think so... as damocles said, it would set us on 82 points and I'm not sure that's enough. We won't continue this rate though, we'll lose some games too.

The point is that "we're unbeaten" doesn't mean anything really, what matters is who has most points and currently we don't. I'd exchange our unbeaten record for 3 more points Rags have in a heartbeat.

Damocles said:
This unbeaten thing is pretty academic really. You need around 85 points to win the league in an average season. The usual marker for this is 26+ wins and pick up the rest in draws.

We have 9 wins from 15 games. This puts us on course for 22 wins and 66 points from wins. Even if we go unbeaten for the other 16 games, that's 82 points.

We are not winning enough games, it doesn't matter if we're not getting beaten, we aren't picking up enough points.

But if we beat the scum twice that's a 12 point turn around and if we do beat em twice I predict we'll win the league

Damocles said:

Exactly. Win percentage is a far better barometer for judging how we're doing. Typically unbeaten teams are thus because they're much better sides, and picking up more points from wins as a result.

9 wins from 15 games isn't good enough no matter how you cut it, unbeaten or not. Not to mention it will only take a single defeat out of the entire remaining games to knock this idea straight on the head, whereas it takes a few more games to majorly impact the win percentage.

I liked how people were frothing at the mouth to shout me down over my Hughes comment, "We're unbeaten you mardy ****", well yes, but see above how many points we're on course for as we stand.. 'Trajectory of results.." ring any bells? ;) And that's in addition to our almost indescribably shit results in the Champions League.

Fortunately no matter how below par we continue to be, we'll almost certainly get second and back in the CL, which is still very important at this stage.

Liverpool only had 2 losses in the 2008/09 season (25 wins, 11 draws) and still finished 2nd, 4 points off the rags.

Liverpool won both fixtures against them that season.

We can't continue to draw games; however, going by the equivalent fixtures from last year we are still on track.

Our performances over 90 minutes (particularly the first half), need to improve though of course.

Everton, Arsenal, United, Spurs, Swansea away matches are still coming I cant say none of them will be a loss.

And if I have to chose between 5 draws in these 5 matches giving us 5 points or 2 wins and 3 losses giving us 6 points I would chose the 6 points.
(also 5 draws dont give you any goal difference, 2 wins-3 losses still can give you positive goal difference if you lose 1-0 only).

It wouldnt be good to rack up 2 more draws before Yaya leaves for Acon (because after that its going to be hard...) but I see a good chance we will have at least two draws in December games United h, Newcastle a, Reading h, Sunderland a, Norwich a.

squirtyflower said:
ZZmaestro said:
squirtyflower said:
jeez, care to explain what "/thread" means?

you haven't read the thread or you would know its happened on several occasions

Sorry mate, i'm talking about "modern era" soccer.
The last time an undefeated team that didn't made it to the title was thirty years ago, a Turkish or Portugese team if i recall.
and you don't consider that to be 'modern era'?

they had teles and everyfink back then ya know
You have to laugh, don't you? Otherwise you'd go out and commit murder after reading some of the posts on BM!

baildon blue said:
United won the title in 2011 with 80 points
And won with 74 once.

Every flapper needs to chill. We are doing better than last season on like for like results so still on target for 90 points.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.