Only City still undefeated after 15 games (this PL season)

MSP said:
moomba said:
MSP said:
As I sad 5 games ago - f**k that stats.. if we continue with this draws rate, we could be invincible but that wouldn't help us to win the title.

Sunderland have only one defeat more than rags but 23 points less.

If we continue with this draws rate we'll win the league IMO.

Don't think so... as damocles said, it would set us on 82 points and I'm not sure that's enough. We won't continue this rate though, we'll lose some games too.

The point is that "we're unbeaten" doesn't mean anything really, what matters is who has most points and currently we don't. I'd exchange our unbeaten record for 3 more points Rags have in a heartbeat.

We all know that points is what matters. But I don't know why we shouldn't take pride in the unbeaten run. Why is that idea so offensive to people?

And should we beat the rags on Sunday would you still swap places with them?

GoMancini7 said:
Everton, Arsenal, United, Spurs, Swansea away matches are still coming I cant say none of them will be a loss.

And if I have to chose between 5 draws in these 5 matches giving us 5 points or 2 wins and 3 losses giving us 6 points I would chose the 6 points.
(also 5 draws dont give you any goal difference, 2 wins-3 losses still can give you positive goal difference if you lose 1-0 only).

If one of the three losses is to the rags I'll take 5 points.

9-6-0 is a good start but if it becomes 18-12-0 then i don't think we will win the league as the rags will be so far in front by then.

Being undefeated is nice but 1 win and 1 defeat is better than 2 draws.

WNRH said:
9-6-0 is a good start but if it becomes 18-12-0 then i don't think we will win the league as the rags will be so far in front by then.

Not always.

moomba said:
WNRH said:

Not always.

3 points beats 2 points every time. Points win leagues not undefeated streaks.

WNRH said:
moomba said:
WNRH said:

Not always.

When the loss is to your league rival giving them 3 points instead of 1 for a draw, a win and a loss is certainly not better than two draws.

Not losing isn't particularly important. It's the points gained that is the most important thing, the number next to the 'Pts' is what wins the title, not the number next to the 'L'.

WNRH said:
moomba said:
WNRH said:

Not always.

Wrong

Caveman said:
Not losing isn't particularly important. It's the points gained that is the most important thing, the number next to the 'Pts' is what wins the title, not the number next to the 'L'.

Yep, and a win in our next game will have us back on top, thanks in part to draws at places like Chelsea where we lost last year.

And given that we don't set out to draw games I see no problem celebrating the fact that we haven't been beaten yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.