Onuoha & Ireland + £15m for Milner

Ireland had one outstanding season. Milner has just had one too.
How are their alleged valuations so far apart?

Mancini appears to have issues with Ireland, as do we the fans insofar as we are frustrated at his performances last season
But does this warrant spending silly money for another one-season wonder?

Ned, whilst I love the lad (not literally) who is undoubtedly a good player, he will never be any better than players akin to Richard Dunne and James Wotsit at Villa. His disctribution is goddam awful. He has a head (and feet) like a sheriff's badge.<br /><br />-- Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:37 am --<br /><br />
Ricster said:
People seem to forget that Ireland's value has dropped because of the mysterious illness he collapsed with. There is no way any club will pay over £5-7m for Ireland because there was no conclusive result from all the tests which he recieved.

Is this just rumours you have heard, because I have never seen or heard anything to the contrary that he has health issues.

Ricster said:
People seem to forget that Ireland's value has dropped because of the mysterious illness he collapsed with. There is no way any club will pay over £5-7m for Ireland because there was no conclusive result from all the tests which he recieved.

With respect mate, that is total bollocks.

Fuzzmaster101 said:
forevercity said:
we dont need this type of player now we have yaya, ndj, barry. we need an attacking creative player. weather it be stevie or not.
*cough* Silva?

Silva isn't creative in the sense that he makes things happen in the same way that Pirlo, Iniesta, Sneijder, Scweinsteiger and Xavi can.

Back to the subject of the thread and I'm thinking that Milner would be too expensive at anything more than £20m. When you think that both Real and the Rags are linked to Sami Khedira (watch him tonight to see just how good this guy is) then Milner - a good player - looks well overvalued*.

I'm assuming that Khedira would be around €25m.

BTW Diego is probably on the market after flopping at Juventus. They may try a px with Dzeko + cash.

Can see Ireland going to Liverpool if we clinch a deal to sign Torres with possibly another player going there way as well.

If we fail in the bid for Torres then Ireland could be used in swap for Milner.

Ned is City through and through and is a good player with years in front of him (Ireland also a good player), but we don't now just want good players we are after very good players.

We have to put sentiment aside here and see where we actually want to be competing.

Silva or Ireland
Boateng or Ned
Torres or RSC

ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN said:
We have to put sentiment aside here and see where we actually want to be competing.

Silva or Ireland
Boateng or Ned
Torres or RSC

I can handle the academy graduates going, but after 1 injury prone season with us I feel RSC's sentimental value is just too much for me to swap him with one of the best strikers in the world

ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN said:
Can see Ireland going to Liverpool if we clinch a deal to sign Torres with possibly another player going there way as well.

If we fail in the bid for Torres then Ireland could be used in swap for Milner.

Ned is City through and through and is a good player with years in front of him (Ireland also a good player), but we don't now just want good players we are after very good players.

Silva or Ireland
Boateng or Ned
Torres or RSC

Surely Roque is toast?

Issue we may have with Torres is we could be swapping one treatment table warmer for another but more expensive.

But the point is we have now set the bar higher and we need players to get us to that level and players like Ireland, Ned , Micah etc are not IMO going to push us up to the level needed.

Why haven't one of the top teams (Chelsea, Madrid, Barca etc) came in for Ireland, Ned or Micah. It's because they are not good enough

Tez Tosterone said:
Fuzzmaster101 said:
*cough* Silva?

Silva isn't creative in the sense that he makes things happen in the same way that Pirlo, Iniesta, Sneijder, Scweinsteiger and Xavi can.

Back to the subject of the thread and I'm thinking that Milner would be too expensive at anything more than £20m. When you think that both Real and the Rags are linked to Sami Khedira (watch him tonight to see just how good this guy is) then Milner - a good player - looks well overvalued*.

I'm assuming that Khedira would be around €25m.

BTW Diego is probably on the market after flopping at Juventus. They may try a px with Dzeko + cash.

Disagree mate; Silva is creative in every sense of the word. The players you quote are different also. Iniesta and Xavi are creative players, whilst Sneijder is a goal scoring midfielder.

In the friendly at COMS a few years ago, he was devastating (albeit the Thomas Cook Trophy!!!)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.