Onuoha & Ireland + £15m for Milner

Ireland is as good as Milner is... so Michael Johnson is, when hes done with his injuries

Salford_Blue said:
Tez Tosterone said:
Silva isn't creative in the sense that he makes things happen in the same way that Pirlo, Iniesta, Sneijder, Scweinsteiger and Xavi can.

Disagree mate; Silva is creative in every sense of the word. The players you quote are different also. Iniesta and Xavi are creative players, whilst Sneijder is a goal scoring midfielder.

In the friendly at COMS a few years ago, he was devastating (albeit the Thomas Cook Trophy!!!)

Beat me to it SB. His main contribution is his passing to create chances.

What i've heard on this forum is unbelievable. Ireland for Milner? You serious?!

Why do we need Milner when we have a ten times better player and our OWN academy product (something some of you glory hunters don't know) in Stephen ''Superman'' Ireland. One of the most technically gifted players we've had for years. Quality in 2008/2009, never really played in 2009/2010 and when he did play he was played out of position. Some of you are a bunch of disloyal supporters who just want the new fancy star. What is happening to some of your minds?
James Milner hasn't got even a quarter of the footballing ability Ireland has. I'd want 25 million for Ireland plus Milner. What a bad deal if we go through with this. Ireland has had one superb season yes, but as you can see his quality, he's a permanently quality player and not a ''One season wonder'' soo you say. Milner cannot dictate games, score 10 goals a season, and thread balls through an eye of a needle. No chance would i let this deal happen!

If Ireland came available, Wenger, Fergie and Hodgson would all be out to buy him, and that's because he's shit is it? One of the most gifted academy players we've had and some of you want to destroy him, laughable!

Fair pricing and value does not acknowledge the negotiating positions of both parties. Villa are in the position of strength.

Always liked Ned but it would be a good move for him.

Always liked Stevie too but it could also be a good move for him.

Heart says no. Head says if we are intent on Milner, for better or worse, then this seems a win/win for both clubs AND most probably for the players concerned who I'm sure we would all want the very best for.

I think Stevie is worth keeping hold of for another season, hes only 23. Its going to be a long hard season ahead and Iam sure he will get his opportunities if he gets his head straight.
Milner imo is a good player and can cover a few positions, so it would be 15mil +Onuha for me.

the goats backside said:
Move on RM, Milner is just a good Prem player. If SI sorted himself let him prove it with us, Ned is more difficult, if he stayed fit he would be top class

-- Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:33 am --

Ricster said:
People seem to forget that Ireland's value has dropped because of the illness he collapsed with. There is no way any club will pay over £5-7m for Ireland because there was no conclusive result from all the tests which he recieved.
mysterious

I made that comment on numerous occasions bout his illness, deaf ears Ricster, people seem to have made their mind up and wont listen
The only health issues with Ireland are mental ones. Physically he's fine and I doubt a giddy afternoon and a panic attack in his past would make clubs think twice. His value is effected by the fact he failed to get in our team last season because he was shite!

Ireland and Milner both had "ONE" good year. Difference is Milner had his last year and Ireland had his two years ago. Think Ireland over worked him self the last two years not taking any time off which affected his play last year. Even the best atheletes need to rest. Milner is definitely not 15 million plus Ned better than Ireland.

macmanson said:
MAN CITY PURSUE JAMES MILNER
ABOVE: Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill wants to swap James Milner for two Man City players plus £15m

7th July 2010 By Tim Gray

MARTIN O’Neill is ready to strike a £30m deal with Manchester City for want-away James Milner.

The Villa boss accepts he is fighting a losing battle to keep Milner at Villa Park – but is ready to play hardball with City.

O’Neill is ready to do business and smash the record transfer sale at Villa, but only if City are willing to throw in Stephen Ireland and Nedum Onuoha into the deal.

Villa value Milner at £30m and will want £15m cash plus the two City players who are surplus to requirements for Roberto Mancini.

City have tried to use the duo as part of a deal to tempt Everton to part with Mikel Arteta, but Villa boss O’Neill wants them to switch to Villa Park.

Onuoha’s future is ­virtually non-existent now that City have signed ­German ­international ­Jerome Boateng, while ­Villa are desperate to sign a right-back with Luke Young and Habib Beye both set to leave the club.

But O’Neill faces stiff competition from ­Sunderland to land former England ­Under-21 star ­Onuoha.

While the Villa boss has already ­rejected two bids in excess of £20m for Milner, he realises he is swimming against the tide.

Milner appears to have set his heart on a move to City, having being promised a contract which would more than double his £45,000-a-week deal at Villa Park.

But Ireland, who is valued at £9m, would be a welcome addition to the Villa midfield, which is crying out for an attacking ­influence from central areas.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/143263/Man-City-set-to-land-James-Milner/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/vie ... es-Milner/</a>

Just more journo talk, but what do people think of this proposed deal? I don't get why we would still be pursuing Milner now that we have Barry, Yaya and De Jong in those roles and he certianly shouldn't be worth £30m or £15m plus 2 players to us. Players like Ireland, like him or not, are worth more than £9m simply because of the Europa league rules about having players in your squad who you have trained yourself.

I'd rather see us pursue some top level full backs instead of spending that kinda money on a player who's only had 1 strong year from an offensive point of view.

that's embarassing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.